Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Store Championship AAR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I just wanted to drop a line here and say that yesterday's Store Championship at Gateway Games in Erie, PA was an ABSOLUTE BLAST! My son and I got to meet some of the nicest and classiest gamers we've ever encountered. Thanks for making it an awesome day for us, all of you!

Tom, congratulations on the win! And even though my son and I finished in the lower half of the standings, we still felt like winners for participating. A shout-out needs to go to Matt and Josh for opening my eyes to some pretty cool Scum & Villany concepts I hadn't thought about before (and to Karen for destroying me with one of the mentioned Scum decks ).

And the venue was top notch! Anyone reading this who lives in the tri-state area of Erie, PA....you really owe it to yourself to stop on in to Gateway Games and check out their wares! Great staff & great selection of games....cards, minis, RPG... 'The Janitor' stocks it all!

And if you happen to live in the area, word has it that Star Wars LCG players meet at Gateway Games just about every Thursday night 6:00 - 9:00pm to play this game that we all love!

Again, a most hearty 'Thank You!' to Gateway Games and the other Star Wars LCG players for yesterday. We had an awesome time!
3 
 Thumb up
5.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McGranor Jr
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you had fun! It was great meeting both you and your son. I hope we see you show up more in the future.

P.S. I'm just a gamer that is willing to run tournament, not actually affiliated with the store in any official manner.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:
I just wanted to drop a line here and say that yesterday's Store Championship at Gateway Games in Erie, PA was an ABSOLUTE BLAST! My son and I got to meet some of the nicest and classiest gamers we've ever encountered. Thanks for making it an awesome day for us, all of you!

Tom, congratulations on the win! And even though my son and I finished in the lower half of the standings, we still felt like winners for participating. A shout-out needs to go to Matt and Josh for opening my eyes to some pretty cool Scum & Villany concepts I hadn't thought about before (and to Karen for destroying me with one of the mentioned Scum decks :) ).

And the venue was top notch! Anyone reading this who lives in the tri-state area of Erie, PA....you really owe it to yourself to stop on in to Gateway Games and check out their wares! Great staff & great selection of games....cards, minis, RPG... 'The Janitor' stocks it all! :)

And if you happen to live in the area, word has it that Star Wars LCG players meet at Gateway Games just about every Thursday night 6:00 - 9:00pm to play this game that we all love!

Again, a most hearty 'Thank You!' to Gateway Games and the other Star Wars LCG players for yesterday. We had an awesome time! :D


Thanks, man! Glad you guys had fun! That's what it's all about for us at the end of the day; Meeting new friends, talking and playing some Star Wars, and having a good time.

Hope to see you guys at some future events!

Thanks for coming out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Oops, sorry about that Tom. I just wanted to send a little love the store's way. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even know it was there until I heard about this Store Championship.

I'll definitely be getting my card accessories from Gateway from this point on. And if I do decide to make the leap 'Full Hog' into Star Wars X-Wing, I know where I'll be going to pick up the expansions.

Thanks again, for running a great tournament! It was awesome! And it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I'm trying to setup my future work schedule to try and get out to play some Star Wars LCG at least once a month. Hopefully more. Looking forward to playing you guys sometime in the near future.

Good luck next week up in Rochester!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Gamer257 wrote:
Oops, sorry about that Tom. I just wanted to send a little love the store's way. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even know it was there until I heard about this Store Championship.

I'll definitely be getting my card accessories from Gateway from this point on. And if I do decide to make the leap 'Full Hog' into Star Wars X-Wing, I know where I'll be going to pick up the expansions.

Thanks again, for running a great tournament! It was awesome! And it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I'm trying to setup my future work schedule to try and get out to play some Star Wars LCG at least once a month. Hopefully more. Looking forward to playing you guys sometime in the near future.

Good luck next week up in Rochester!


How many players were there?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
How many players were there?


10. ^_^
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Mattr0polis wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
How many players were there?


10. ^_^


That's pretty good for a store champ.

I live across the border, and have been to 3 of those store tournaments Ottawa/Montreal/Kingston.

6/6/4 was the attendance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
That's pretty good for a store champ.

I live across the border, and have been to 3 of those store tournaments Ottawa/Montreal/Kingston.

6/6/4 was the attendance. :(


Agreed. I have been to 3 Store Champs so far as well, and it was 12/7/10 attending. Still not great, but seems better than some of the other results I've seen listed.

12 was in Pittsburgh, so both double digit ones for me were in PA.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Mattr0polis wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
That's pretty good for a store champ.

I live across the border, and have been to 3 of those store tournaments Ottawa/Montreal/Kingston.

6/6/4 was the attendance.


Agreed. I have been to 3 Store Champs so far as well, and it was 12/7/10 attending. Still not great, but seems better than some of the other results I've seen listed.

12 was in Pittsburgh, so both double digit ones for me were in PA.


How does it work in the states for regionals? Is it one per state? More? Less?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:

How does it work in the states for regionals? Is it one per state? More? Less?


Sadly, no. There's only about 15 total ones in the states.

Here's the link that shows the locations: http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/iwp/2014-star-wars-card-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Mattr0polis wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:

How does it work in the states for regionals? Is it one per state? More? Less?


Sadly, no. There's only about 15 total ones in the states.

Here's the link that shows the locations: http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/iwp/2014-star-wars-card-...


I think we got something like 4 or 5 in Canada...

Lucky for me, 1 is in Ottawa, and another in Gatineau, very close together.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
I think we got something like 4 or 5 in Canada...

Lucky for me, 1 is in Ottawa, and another in Gatineau, very close together.


Where can I find the list of ones in Canada? I might be able to go to like a Toronto one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Mattr0polis wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
I think we got something like 4 or 5 in Canada...

Lucky for me, 1 is in Ottawa, and another in Gatineau, very close together.


Where can I find the list of ones in Canada? I might be able to go to like a Toronto one.


I can't find the original post for this... But here is the list regardless...

Star Wars Living Card Game

The Board Room Game Cafe
Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Comic Book Shoppe 2
Ottawa, Ontario

Magic Stronghold Games
Burnaby, British Columbia

Mission: Fun & Games
St. Albert, Alberta

Multizone
Gatineau, Quebec

I don't know how well you know Canadian geography, but Ottawa and Gatineau are right next to each other (as I mentioned before).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.