Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the title is the question, except I should specify that the reaction player failed the reaction roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
I think the title is the question, except I should specify that the reaction player failed the reaction roll.

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

In the rules, air units can stop grounds units at its base. I just wonder how a few air squadrons can withstand onslaughts of armies for four months. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the air alone can win, but they can shoot at the ground units and then be forced to rebase after the combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steidl
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are a lot of implications here.
The Operations player is planning a gound offensive to take an active enemy base. This means he has to declare a battle hex, which allows the other player to react and potentially bring in other air, naval and/or ground troops.

This is also just one operation (card) in the turn, so it doesn't necessarily represent a 4-month battle for the airfield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon
United Kingdom
Northampton
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's no chart for ground vs air die rolls So would no units Friend of Foe actually get hit therefore?

Be that the case, I presume its abstracted that the holding enemy air units remain in their base unscathed having seen off the ground force, and the ground units are then forced to retreat (or post battle movement) their way back out of the hex where air superiority was not in their favour, also unscathed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is air/naval force on the other side, and only ground on the other side, the air/naval gets a free attack using the air/naval combat table - if it gets enough hits to cause losses, those happen.

However, the last ground step cannot be killed by air/naval.

The air unit would need to emergency move out, I would guess, if there was no reaction and it was alone there. The hex would be captured by the ground unit.

Also, the attacking ground unit does not retreat - the attacker never retreats, and it cannot use PBM, ground units do not do it (unless they were amphibious assaulting and failed, in which case they PBM using naval movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a die roll for the ground unit (i.e. AA Guns). I've always only rolled for the air attack and no die for the ground, but this has come up in a game that I'm currently playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riepenhausen
Germany
Oberkochen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is there a die roll for the ground unit (i.e. AA Guns). I've always only rolled for the air attack and no die for the ground, but this has come up in a game that I'm currently playing

No, the ground unit is not participating in the air/naval battle, so gets no roll (even though I have no clear rule reference) and can't achieve a critical. The air unit can hit the ground unit (but not the last step) and has to leave the hex after Post Battle Movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cphuhu wrote:
Quote:
Is there a die roll for the ground unit (i.e. AA Guns). I've always only rolled for the air attack and no die for the ground, but this has come up in a game that I'm currently playing

No, the ground unit is not participating in the air/naval battle, so gets no roll (even though I have no clear rule reference) and can't achieve a critical. The air unit can hit the ground unit (but not the last step) and has to leave the hex after Post Battle Movement.

I agree, thank you. I couldn't find a specific rule either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.