Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
"Never tell me the odds!"
badge
“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

I just recently started to play this awesome game. I have only the core set yet but it's fun to play with my girlfriend.
I already sleeved every cards that the players use but I prefer to art sleeve the encounter deck.
I already have one pack of Eye of Sauron art sleeve with 50 sleeves. So I can handle and sleeve each setup of encounter decks in the base game with.
My question is that with any expansion do you ever have more than 50 cards in the encounter deck or not? If yes, I guess I must buy another 50 pack sleeve.
Thank you!

Jamie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own all the expansions, but as you get 60 cards per expansion pack, you can be pretty sure that there will NOT be more than 50 encounter cards in any of the small expansion decks, because you always get other cards such as heroes for example as well in each pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know the Adventure decks use most of the encounter decks of a bigger expansion. So the first cycle of Shadows of Mirkwood uses mainly the core set, the second cycle Dwarrowdelf uses the Khazad-Dum deluxe expansion, etc. Ofc Adventure decks has some encounter cards specific to the given quest, but I'm curious if the Encounter deck ever grows bigger than 50. Deluxe expansion seems to have many cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you'll need another one (but I'd guess not more than one) - I don't have all the figures, but I just counted the cards in Foundations of Stone, and there are 65 encounter cards in that altogether. Granted, that is a big one (it uses four encounter sets, whereas most of them nowadays seem to use two or three) but if you plan to play FoS (and you should!!!!!), you'll need that extra pack of sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers! Thank you!
Yeah the encounter decks in the base game already 40-45 cards thick...so I guessed that some quests in the future with 4 type of encounter cards can grow the deck over 50 cards.
Thank you! I grab another art sleeve pack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an adventure where your heroes can get shuffled into the encounter deck. If you have art sleeves for the encounter cards and not for the player cards, you will be able to spot where your hero is in the adventure deck when you play that AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thats a good reason to buy another art sleeve pack, so if a hero get shuffled into the encounter deck I put into art sleeve as well.
I have normal sleeve for heroes and quest cards and art sleeve for encounter and player deck.
Thank you too!
Already ordered another pack of art sleeve Eye of Sauron!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anatole69 wrote:
There is an adventure where your heroes can get shuffled into the encounter deck. If you have art sleeves for the encounter cards and not for the player cards, you will be able to spot where your hero is in the adventure deck when you play that AP.

Since encounter cards and player cards have different backs it doesn't matter how they are sleeved or if they are sleeved at all. You can always (as long as you don't use the same sleeves for all cards) tell them apart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Print on Demand encounter decks will have more than 50 cards, but most are about 50 cards or so.

If you want all of the encounter cards sleeved, the Core Set comes with 96 encounter cards, so 2 packs of sleeves should cover you for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I'm understanding you right, you want to know the total number of cards that will be in the encounter deck, not just what comes in the expansion itself? If so, yes, you will need more than one pack. I just counted Conflict at the Carrock. It has 53 encounter cards including the two other encounter sets.

Sorry if I'm overthinking this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your answers!
Yes the question was originally this: Will ever the encounter deck grow bigger than 50 cards? And the answer is yes according to you all.

The reason I asked is:
It's pointless to sleeve every encounter card in my opinion because you use different decks for each scenario. So before every scenario we put the right ones into the 50 Art sleeves with Eye of Sauron backround. The encounter deck still looks cool, I don't invest a lot into normal sleeves for every encounter card, it just takes 2-3 minutes to prepare before game. Since the encounter deck in certain scenarios grow bigger than 50 cards I need to purchase another 50 Art Sleeve package!
Out of play I store the encounter cards in a deck box so well protected and the players cards in an album.

Thank you all guys! I already ordered my 2nd Art sleeve pack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.