Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On 3/15 I participated in and won a tournament at Epic Loot Games and Comics. 17 people participated and the field was full of great players. I didn't take down anyone's name, so the tournament report is going to be brief.

I played Andromeda and Weyland: BaBW, like a total sell-out. With Andy I was doing Blackguard craziness and with Weyland I used the scorch AD/PS/JH combo that I used to win the Bloomington, IN store championship.

Andy Blaggard (45 cards)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (18)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Easy Mark
3 Emergency Shutdown
2 Infiltration
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3 Blackguard
2 Lemuria Codecracker
3 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (3)
3 Kati Jones

Icebreaker (9)
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Mimic
2 ZU.13 Key Master

Program (7)
2 Medium
2 Sneakdoor Beta
3 Snitch

Dumb Combo Deck (49 cards)

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (12)
2 Corporate War
3 Geothermal Fracking
3 Hostile Takeover
3 Project Atlas
1 Veterans Program

Asset (3)
3 Jackson Howard

Operation (19)
2 Accelerated Diagnostics
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Hedge Fund
1 Midseason Replacements
3 Power Shutdown
3 Restructure
3 Scorched Earth
1 SEA Source

Barrier (4)
1 Hadrian's Wall
3 Ice Wall

Code Gate (2)
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (7)
3 Archer
3 Caduceus
1 Grim

ICE (2)
2 Chimera

Round 1 VS Jinteki: Replicating Perfection + Chaos Theory
This player was using a damage-heavy version of RP which was really difficult to play around at first. Once I got blackguard in place I was able to force him to rez a tsurugi 2 times in one turn and then account siphon. That was pretty much the end (17 credit loss in 1 turn ) and I scored out of servers he couldn't afford to protect.

Game 2 player was using Chaos with a big rig. I immediately recognized this and started scoring out of a 2 deep server. I already had a Hostile scored, dropped in an over-advanced atlas and scored it. Grabbed another atlas and over advanced it by 1. Next turn I used the token to get an atlas, dropped it in, and win the following turn.

(4-0)

Round 2 VS Gabe and HB: Next Design
First game was against his Next Design deck. If ever there was a deck that doesn't want me to force its ICE, it's Next. He may have scored a 2 pointer before I got out blackguard but it was basically GG after it hit. A lot of turns look like Run HQ -> Lemuria Code Cracker -> Emergency Shutdown -> Run a server. Add in Account Siphon to the crazy rezzing tricks and shit goes crazy.

Game 2 player was using Gabe. It was a close game and he played well. I was holding 2 parts of the combo for most of the game and had several opportunities to use it if only I could. The final play of the game was a miscalculation on my part, where I thought he would need more than he did to access a server on match point. He played it very well, so I'll not downplay that fact.

(6-2)

Round 3 VS Reina Roja and NBN: TWIY
First game was against NBN: TWIY. This was a 5 minute game. He didn't ICE R&D, so I second turn medium and take 2-3 turns to find 7 and win.

Game 2 against Reina the player was met with new issues, as he played his Knights I just discarded the ICE and soon he had no breakers in play so I just scored out for the win. Maybe a 10 minute game.

(10-2)

Round 4 VS Gabe and NBN: TWIY
This round I was in second, and I played the first place player Ian from KY. First game was against Gabe. He started scoring on me early and took a financial lead early, but he was playing "Tag-me". Although he had a plascrete, I managed to catch him with scorches and win this game.

Second game I hit an Archer on HQ which cost me a Femme and a Corroder, and from that point on I was dead in the water. He rezzed a sansan and just scored 3 turns in a row for the win.

(12-4)

Top 4 (2nd Place at cut)
My top 4 games, all 4, took about 30 minutes total.

Round 1 Chaos Theory and Weyland
Game 1 got a combo kill on Chaos after only scoring 2 points. I had enough for the combo by 1 credit.

Game 2 I ran once at R&D and scored a cleaners right off the top and won.

Round 2 Ian again Gabe & NBN TWIY
Game 1 I played corp again and managed to scorch him off a third click Account Siphon that he thought he'd gamble on. I was holding all of my scorched earths, so I won that gamble

Game 2 I needed 1 point. I scored a hostile takeover. Took longer to shuffle than to play.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I host a podcast called "Wait, Wait... Don't Run Me!" that you can check out if you're into that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Note to self: Netdeck that Andromeda deck

Congratulations man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Andy deck. Using Corroder, how would you deal with power shutdowns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onibaku06 wrote:

Faerie, Key Master and Codecracker can all cover for Corroder in a shutdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Norris wrote:
Note to self: Netdeck that Andromeda deck

Congratulations man!

Thanks! The deck can probably use some fine tuning: I only built it a few days ago. The effect of blackguard is strong, but I feel like the success of the deck overall was due to the great criminal synergy. Account Siphon and Emergency Shutdown carried me in every game. Hopefully the big box expands this strategy.

I think the changes I would make are:

-2 Infiltration
+2 Same Old Thing

endgame wrote:
onibaku06 wrote:

Faerie, Key Master and Codecracker can all cover for Corroder in a shutdown.

Precisely. I was going to cut from 3 to 2 Faerie and decided against it for just this reason. If you're talking about a Power shutdown combo the idea of the deck is to cost the corp as much as possible, so hopefully they'll be at low enough credits to avoid such non-sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain to me the use of sneakdoor beta in this deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plutonick wrote:

He relies on Emergency Shutdown and Codecracker a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:
plutonick wrote:

Exactly. Beyond that, it forces the corp to play more ICE which is better for me. Ill make him play and Rez ICE on archives to prevent the early/mid game sneak door, and the late game I don't really care about archives so the corp has wasted a substantial amount of time and money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Haven't played Crim for some time now, but did you run in to any trouble with Sentries what with Mimic having no Datasucker-tokens to boost? I realize you have Faeries and a Femme, but Faeries goes away and Femme is expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kollapse wrote:
Haven't played Crim for some time now, but did you run in to any trouble with Sentries what with Mimic having no Datasucker-tokens to boost? I realize you have Faeries and a Femme, but Faeries goes away and Femme is expensive.

In my one runner loss for the day I lost to facechecking an Archer. I should have known better and had a faerie out, but that's life. And my opponent was NBN:TWIY. And I didn't have snitch in play. Really, it was my bad play.

Theoretically, you would only need to break a big sentry 1 time and then shut it down. Especially brutal against Archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJhedgehog wrote:
Alsciende wrote:
plutonick wrote:

Exactly. Beyond that, it forces the corp to play more ICE which is better for me. Ill make him play and Rez ICE on archives to prevent the early/mid game sneak door, and the late game I don't really care about archives so the corp has wasted a substantial amount of time and money.

And Sneakdoor is just amazing in general. Only reason most Andy's don't run it is because it competes for Datasucker MU.

Also, been running into a few Blackguard/Snitch decks on octgn, it suuuuuuuuuuuuucks when all of your ICE never does anything, ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
DJhedgehog wrote:
Alsciende wrote:
plutonick wrote:

And Sneakdoor is just amazing in general. Only reason most Andy's don't run it is because it competes for Datasucker MU.

Also, been running into a few Blackguard/Snitch decks on octgn, it suuuuuuuuuuuuucks when all of your ICE never does anything, ever.

I had only played the deck 3-4 times before the tournament, but I made my mind up that I would be playing it when I forced a tollbooth rez on a remote, account siphoned, derezzed the tollbooth and scored what was behind it. It's like Andy becomes a tactical missile once Blackguard and Snitch are out: force the corp to rez ICE that you're never going to break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool decks. Are you considering Silhouette in place of Andy when she arrives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a sec, you're not the djhedgehog from ocremix are you??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Cool decks. Are you considering Silhouette in place of Andy when she arrives?

Most definitely. Having a built in (once a turn) lemuria codebreaker is what this deck needs to shine. I like the reduced deck size compared to increased hand-size, so that's cool too.

DrTall wrote:
Wait a sec, you're not the djhedgehog from ocremix are you??

No. I've mixed a few My Little Pony raps, but nothing I'd call "good".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.