Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says "After a group's three Parachutists have dropped, draw one more random hex; the group's leader drops into the closest friendly hex not already containing a leader."

When we played, the final leader in the B group landed right into the bell tower, because that was the closest friendly hex that didn't already have a leader.

Is the intent instead that the leader is, like the Parachute squads, also excluded from landing in the central Allied setup area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bell tower is not a _friendly_ hex, unless you've already secured it. If you have, then the leader joins the team you have there. ( because you can't have a squad there due to the 3 man stacking limit.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This SSR specifies that the German paras cannot land in the British setup area. Draws there are to be ignored and redrawn.

(Just happen to have this one on my solo table at the moment.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, opposite answers, and hence my question.

The way the paragraph is written it is not crystal clear whether the leaders are excluded from the British setup area.

If you read the rule as a whole, they are excluded. If you read the sentences in sequence, the part that affects leaders seems to be different from the part that affects the squads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By rule, Mr Workman is right and it is only the squads who are excluded. The paradrop rule SHOULD have said that a leader is placed with the nearest squad of his group.

Nothing to stop Walking Wounded from appearing in the belfry hex though (the vicar drags them in for humanitarian aid and they overpower him when they recover).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the SSR was written exactly the way it is on purpose. Sometimes the Leader drops where you need him other times he shows up where he is least needed. This was intentional. So the answer to the OP is yes, if the nearest friendly hex happens to be inside of the Allied set up area then that is where the leader drops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor fellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played last weekend, infiltration dropped a squad on Peasley, killed him in Melee, and broke down into a team due to stacking, and I STILL held on to win in a wild ride. Nice scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have taken the rule to mean that each leader will end in one of the friendly hexes of the current three parachute squads that have dropped.

As none of these squads can drop into the British set up zone, therefore their leader cannot possibly end up in it either.

Referring to the immediately previous post, how could you have a squad drop into Peasley's hex as this is within the British set-up area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't dropped there, as in the special rules paradrop. It appeared there as part of a random event, "Infiltration" I think. But it happened on one of the first card plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yeah. In my original post I even said "infiltration".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.