United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Lets talk about that.

If you're manufacturing a game through a Chinese company how do you get your product from there to your location.

There is oversea shipping and air. From there it ends up at a port where you need to get it to your location via a freight forwarding company.

Has anyone gone through this before and like to share their experience and what they would do differently or have advice? Is this process the only way to get your product to your location? Or am I missing something?

What is the best way to import?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Games
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the Stonemaier Games blog for additional ideas. They are running a kickstarter for Tuscany now and have linked a couple prior blog posts in the shipping section on the project page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DesignMachine Games
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I love his blog. I read through that entry a couple times, but it covers mostly fulfillment through Amazon rather than going directly to a manufacture. I believe he goes through Panda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've done this a lot - for all our games.

If I was to arrange DHL shipping here in Australia to arrange shipping from China to Australia.....I'd pay up to 4-5 times more than using a freight forwarder in China.

Usually factories will have a preferred freight forwarded they use, in most cases, when you ask for the quote on your games, get them to include freight (door to door) in the price and include that in your budget etc.

Prices should be around $8-$9 per kilo DHL airexpress

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DesignMachine Games
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
How did you arrange a time frame? Did you have a deadline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.