Hide
6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Dragon's Keep Orem Utah Store Championship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madd Cow
msg tools
Caution, there are a lot of thoughts about the tournament, current meta, ID preferences and so forth before getting to the games. I will mark them all for spoilers so you can read only what you want. Please note, I divided the tournament thoughts into two sections. While I've won several tournaments, this is the first time I'm posting on here. I'll try to make it a more regular thing.

Arriving at the tournament and tournament thoughts.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
This was a pretty unusual tournament in that I don't think the store TO quite knew how to run a netrunner tournament. In fact, he didn't know much about the game. He seemed really cool and a nice person, but I think several things prevented this tournament from being even better.

It was slated to start at 3:00. I arrived at 2:00 to make sure my decks were in order and that I had my decklists ready. Upon arriving, I met several regulars from Boardgame Revolution. We chatted a bit as I sat down and re-sleeved my corp deck, as I've been using the same sleeves for about a year and they were started to wear on the sides and could possibly be marked as 'marked cards'. As I was doing this, I asked them where we turn in our deck lists and I was surprised to hear that the store TO wasn't collecting them.

That struck me as very odd. In fact, it was the topic of conversation for about 20 minutes as this was the first tournament I've been to that didn't request decklists. After I sleeved my cards, I paid me entrance fee and proceeded to ask about the decklists. He said something about not worrying about them and then signed me up. After a few minutes, he told everyone that was there for netrunner that we would need to fill out a decklist (Whew) before the tournament. However, after filling it out, he then said to hold on to them in case of a discrepancy? o.O

Might as well just say, have a sideboard and write in what cards you want to finish with. Not that I would think anyone there would do such a thing, but it was still a hot topic. We got started a bit late, I believe there were 17 people to start with. He then announced that we would be doing 3 swiss pairings, with a cut to 8 for elimination rounds. Again, this was odd, as there were too few for a cut to 8, and only for 3 swiss. Either way, he was the TO and I was ready to get playing.

My thoughts on my decklists and my preferences for playing what I do
I will admit, I have a love for Jinteki. The first and only time I took it to a tournament it won me first place (Along with Noise, this was about the time of Cyber Exodus) but have never felt really solid with how they can hold up during a longer tournament. (Flame me if you want, but it still seems that you win if your opponent is bad, and you lose if they are good/careful. Not a great strategy) I'm REALLY excited to see how they perform after H&P. Because I love Jinteki, I haven't really settled on a Corp I like to call my own. I dabbled with Weyland for a bit, won another tournament with HB, and have been playing NBN most of the Spin Cycle. Right now I really enjoy the play style of NBN.

Despite what some may say, I personally think Breaking News is a better agenda than Astroscrip.t (I know, heresy!) I used to run a freelancer, closed accounts, Cadeuceus typical NBN deck. Score on Sansans, and blow things up if needed. Putting down a face down Breaking News behind a piece of ice is great. If they run it, you tax them and they only get one point. If they don't run, you score and then nuke their Kati/ Armitage/Liberated, procontacts etc... It's a really great card for only 0 dollars. Sometimes I'll do it and then close accounts. I really love this agenda. At times, I've even used an Astro counter to score a breaking news off of a san san, use freelancer to destroy their kati with 15 credits, their armitage with 8, and then close accounts. I just win at that point.

Anyway, I've really liked NBN, but my true love is still Jinteki. Hopefully one day we can be reunited again. My runner has bounced around a few times, but primarily has been criminal. I just like the sloppy running style. I think Shapers are a LOT better than people give credit for these days, I just don't like the build a rig and run style of play. It doesn't feel... as involved. With Criminals, it's all about exploiting weaknesses in their defense, and to me, it really feels like I'm hacking or trying to figure out a puzzle. And boy do I like puzzles.

Anyway, I ended up going with Gabe and NBN: Making News. I've tried TWIY several times, but it just doesn't feel as engaging as Making News does. Yes, it's a strong archtype, but I generally feel that your drwas and opening hand dictate too much of the game. I've had a lot of success with those decks, but I still like Making News more. As for Gabe, normally I've been running Andy with the normal datasucker I win, but it's been feeling too shapery for me and I wanted to get back into the sloppy aggressive criminal playstyle again.

I decided that in order to refine my NBN, I needed to change things up a bit. I wanted cards that could punish runners in a lot more situations, and make the runner choose between riskier paths. To do so, I took out my closed accounts, my freelancers (I do miss them though) and put in Scorch and Sea Source. Scorch, because few people expect Making News to have them, and second, sea source. I also run subliminal messaging and that usually coaxes runners to run more often then they would like. If they don't run, I get money. If they do run, it can trigger SEA source more often. Win, win. I also like sea source because people expect me to only use it for scorching them. I disagree. I've done lots of resource trashing with it. With making news, it costs only 2 dollars for a 5 trace. That is pretty good. During this tournament (And in my many practice games) I've used it when the runner is poor to nuke their Kati, their Liberated Accounts, their Armitage, Mr. Li, Pro Contacts etc... 2 clicks, and 4 dollars to trash their econ early is a really good snowball. A lot of times, they spend their next turn with 0 dollars, no econ resource, and have to click, click, remove tag. I basically timewalked them for 4 credits. Not too bad. If they don't remove tag, it opens up for Scorch, judging by the reactions of the players, a lot of times they simply didn't expect NBN to have it.

I would also ask players how many cards they have a lot of times simply because they would assume I'm asking about Sweeps Week. This made some players want to hold less cards which provided a window for a kill. This has a good synergy with the cards listed so far. I either get rich, or they are in danger of dying. I also put pressure on them because I have some Sansans and Jacksons and Anonymous tip to help get my deck flowing. Restructures have been amazing in this deck. Overall, there isn't much I would change, with the possible exception of maybe taking out the pop up windows. Ihave come to not like them as much as I used to. I also wouldn't mind adding in a 3rd Jackson &/or SanSan.

I also really like putting a draco on HQ as an unrezzed only rez during siphon vamp backup. I've also been rezzing draco with 4 counters a lot more lately as it gets it out of mimic range. Then they pay 4 through trace, or break with a few more credits. It also helps against parasites.

My gabe deck is a fairly common knight with anarch breakers gabe. I don't run plascrete as I find it's relatively easy to work around that. I also decided to put in an HQ interface as I've noticed that the current meta has TONS of siphons and vamps floating around. When you vamp or siphon, you don't access cards, but then rarely do runners follow up with hitting that hand again right after (As it usually has ice rezzed). I feel that this, and with all the SanSan/Biotic scoring out of hand happening, agendas fill up in HQ quite a bit. This is also another bonus for Gabe as he likes to hit HQ. I used to run Indexing, but I took it out for Gordian, as yog isn't as useful these days. (I still run YOG btw) Gord helps with Trollbooths, RSVP, Chum, and Viktor 2.0 primarily. Knights also do the work, but with power shutdown common, a second codegate breaker doesn't seem bad. Mr. Li has always been amazing, and Kati is my anti-Weyland econ card. I usually don't play her out unless I have to. I used to run 3 hostages, and 1 Kati and 1 Li, but with a lot of Weyland players lately, I changed it to 2 kati, 1 hostage, 1 Li. I feel that I might remove 1 kati at some point for something else.

Here are my match plays
I apologize in advance as I didn't take notes during this tournament and didn't think about doing so until after. As such, the play by plays blurred together.

Match 1: Gabe/NBN:MN - Kit/NBN:MN
My first game I played against Andrew. He seemed a bit newer to the netrunner scene and I was excited to get the tournament started. He won the flip and decided to Corp first. I believe he iced R&D, installed a card and advanced it once. I didn't have a siphon in have so I drew for my first action. No Siphon. I then ran HQ and got my Pseudo Opus + access, no agenda. I ran R&D to hopefully get him below Cerebral threshold, no rez, no agenda. I still had 6 cards, so I decided to dirty laundry the remote knowing that worst cases were 1 brain damage, 2 net damage, 1 tag, Thomas Haas running away with my laundry. It was a Market Research. I was surprised that it wasn't a trap and he seemed disappointed. After going through his plays this was when I noticed that he was somewhat inexperienced with Netrunner.

I took advantage of my lead and pounded centrals hard keeping him poor. At one point he had 7 dollars and an Eve Campaign unrezzed. I ran the eve, trashed it, then siphoned him. He couldn't quite recover from the economy game.
Gabe: 10 - NBN: 0

Next I started as Corp. I think I started with a subliminal message this game. I got my free 1 credit, iced HQ, iced R&D, hedged. He drew a few cards and installed some money I believe. I had a beale, breaking news, and a TGTBT in hand. I installed the TGTBT, as well as a jackson, and drew a card. He drew a card and ran my jackson, I let him trash it to lower his econ. He didn't run the TGBTB. Next turn I used anonymous tip, drew a scorch and another subliminal. Played the subliminal, put out another jackson, and ice in front of him.

He did a bunch of drawing and econ but didn't run. Got back both subs. Used one of them, then drew with jackson for more ice and/or Sansan. Got another scorch and sea source. Decided to ice HQ, and drop a beal + other cards in archives. He ran archives, got the beale, did some other thins and then passed over to me. SEA scorch to close it out.

NBN 10 - Kit 2

Match 2: Gabe/NBN:MN - Kit/HB:ETF
My Next opponent was Austen who was a regular at Boardgame Revolution. We just finished our league game up the other day. He's fun to play with and I see him progressing as a Netrunner player. I won the flip and decided to run first. He iced HQ, iced R&D and took a credit I believe.

I installed Desperado and ran HQ and hit an eli. I bounced out and hit R&D and scored a Wotan. Ran again and saw an ice. Next turn he took some cash and played an econ card I think. Ran R&D again, no rez, just took my filthy desperado blood money. I didn't have anything else to draw/play for, so I clicked through eli to get 2 dollars and an access with my remaning clicks. I think I took a 2 pointer at this point, but it could've been a later run on HQ. Next he installed an asset and took some money I think. (Sorry, this was pretty fuzzy) Long story short, he installed a few assets, but he couldn't keep me out of centrals and I eventually took his agendas. I think I sneakdoords at one point as well to get back into his hand. I also think I emergency shutdown the heimdall that was on R&D.

Gabe 10 - HB: ETF - 0

I had a similar starting hand as previous game. Subliminal for my 0 click. Installed ice on R&D (Draco) installed SanSan, took a credit. I figured, he could siphon, but I have SanSan out, and a lot of people don't bother running assets before siphoning so I figured it would be a decent bet. No Siphon came. He checked the sansan but left it there. Didn't run R&D.

Started to fortify my centrals a bit more, I also put a single ice on R&D just in case data suckers were coming to go along with either atman or parasites. (He used knights, which I think is a great call and more people should use with kit) He installed a gordian and I put pop ups in front of non code gate ice on centrals. He eventually trash this sansan but I put down another one with a Data Raven in front of it. (Data Raven in front of a SanSan is a great card. They will spend 2 clicks, 7 credits (5 to trash sansan, 2 to remove tag) and have to break data raven as well. He bounced out after hitting raven. I scored a couple 2 astros on the SanSan before it was trashed. However, I was sitting at 2 astros with counters and he was at 0. I kept asking him how many cards he had and he had 4, then played a card thinking I wanted to play my 3rd sweeps. Scored a breaking news and scorched him for the flatline.

NBN-10 Kit-0

Match 3: Gabe/NBN:MN - Whizzard/NBN:MN
My next opponent was SPencer, also a regular at BGR. Spencer is a good kid and loves to play decks outside of the 'meta'. He is also an avid Jinteki fan. We started with him corping and I running.

He iced both HQ and R&D and took some money. I installed desperado ran HQ and hit a hunter. I took the tag and my 2 dollars and saw no agenda. I drew a card and cleared my tag. He installed another card in front of HQ and got some more money with econ cards. I hit R&D, pop up. Paid and scored an astro. Went again, scored a second astro. Went a third and found nothing. Rough start for him, and this is precisely why I have a love hate relationship with popup. You want them early, but as a single ice on a central they are horrible. If they have a makers eye, indexing, keyhole, siphon etc... that 1 credit doesn't mean diddly The game went downhill for him there. He had extra pressure due to the scored agendas. At one point he had a ton of money, but I kept making him rez things to keep him poor. Once he had 7 dollars left, I siphoned him and kept him poor the rest of the game.

Gabe - 10 NBN:MN - 0

Next up was whizzard, which I think is a fantastic meta call right now. Everyone seems to run SanSans and Jacksons and his ability makes him awesome.

I started with a sea, subliminal, and some ice. I iced both centrals and took a credit. I believe I had a eli on R&D and enigma on HQ. He ran HQ and I didn't rez as I only had a beale that could get scored. He took it. I rezzed eli and he bounced out. He took played a sure gamble and drew a card.

Next turn I played out some econ fortifying my position. I think he then played liberated account, took 4 dollars off of it, and then drew some cards. I got back sub, placed a draco on HQ (Siphon defense) and made some money. He then played another liberated and took 4 dollars from it. I hoped that he would draw or run, cuz sea and blowing up both liberated accounts would be worth the 6 bucks. Alas, he took money from both Liberated. I then proceeded to slowly build and reinforce centrals while looking for my sansans and ice to build a good remote. He eventually brought out a data sucker and a yog and hit my hand a few times. I rezed draco to Str 4 and eventually would clear all viruses once he couldn't get in my centrals.

At one point I installed jackson and a sansan. He ran jackson, trashed him for free, then ran sansan and had to pay up 5. This was good, as I was slowly wearing down his bank accounts he got from liberated. Once he was in the poverty levels again I created 2 remotes, 1 with ice 1 without. I had 1 scorches in hand and only TGTBT and Breaking News. I installed breaking news in a 2 ice server as well as TGTBT nekkid. He didn't run either but still had 5 cards. He started poking centrals and run into a flare, I trashed his grimoire.

After a while, I didn't draw any agendas, so I advanced making news twice hoping to bait him into a run. If he ran, I could sea if he had few cards. He didn't run and after a few turns I finally drew a second scorch. During this time he was digging for a plascrete. I scored breaking news for a free action and double scorched.

NBN: 10 - Whizzard: 2

The rounds I think were 65 minutes long, but each round later longer as I think the store TO was doing all the scoring by hand and wasn't too sure on how it worked. We were told to record match points as well as prestige points? I wasn't too sure why as Strength of Schedule works on prestige, not match points, and then if tied on the weaker side scores. Either way, there was a long wait. I think it was around 7:00 by now. Afterwards, the TO came by and I wanted to double check that he knew how to do elimination round pairings. He said that there wouldn't be an elimination round (More on this later) as they have clear winners already.

I looked at Spencer and hoped I didn't bump him out of the top winnings as he didn't get any prestige from our game. At this point, the store was filling up with magic players and they were doing their magic tournament during the last round of our tournament. Eventually the results came in. The prizes were a bit wonky. He gave out a few 'random' prices (Alt art Wyldside) to a couple of the players. He also gave the deckboxes to the 5th and 6th ranking players. Top 4 got mats though at least. Spencer got 5th because of my game against him which didn't seem to make much sense. He got a deckbox, but not a mat. I was slightly confused, as was a few others.

Someone wanted to check the rankings as everything was handed out. I think a few of us realized that things weren't handled quite right, but I think not too many cared. It was a long, yet short, tournament. The TO also wanted me to sign the 'BUY' certificate so that they could hang it on the wall, but I explained that I'm supposed to keep it as I present it at the regional. With another one also locally here this weekend, I hope a few of these players get to come back again.

I want to give a shoutout to those that drove all the way from Idaho to come play. I'm sorry I didn't get to play any of you! That being said, I'm proud to say that after the first round, the top table was dominated by my fellow Boardgame Revolution players. Hats off guys! Note that if you were the TO for the event, please don't be offended or take any of the criticism personally. It just wasn't what many of us expected. You did seem interested in learning Netrunner, so if it seemed like something up your alley, let me know and I would be glad to rope you in.

All in all the tournament was fun as they always are, but I felt odd about having the shortened duration (I have a feeling it was a combination of a new TO, and magic players needing space. I really feel strongly about the latter. If it wasn't the case, I apologize to the store, but it felt unorganized to say the least. Hopefully next time in April when you run the next tournament we'll fix the shortcomings) I'll probably offer my assistance as previous TO of some tournaments to help get them better organized and whatnot.

My Decklists

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
NBN: Making News

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (12)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Breaking News (Core) x2
Market Research (Fear and Loathing) x2
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3
TGTBT (True Colors) x2

Asset: (2)
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x2 ■

ICE: (15)
Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) x3 ■
Enigma (Core) x2
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x2 ■
Archer (Core) x1 ■■
Data Raven (Core) x2 ■■
Draco (What Lies Ahead) x3
Flare (Future Proof) x1 ■■■
Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) x1 ■

Operation: (18)
Scorched Earth (Core) x3 ■■■■
Anonymous Tip (Core) x3 ■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Restructure (Second Thoughts) x2
SEA Source (Core) x2 ■■
Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing) x2
Sweeps Week (True Colors) x3 ■■

Upgrade: (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x2 ■■■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 1
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 33
The Weyland Consortium: 14

I feel that this is a pretty solid list. The archer was on the table all 3 games, but never rezzed as the games usually ended before I got the chance. It's still a solid card and a great ice that catches people off guard. The only things I would maybe change would be less pop ups, some other ice to fill the spot, MAYBE 1 less data raven, another jackson or sansan would be a nice addition as well. I also debated about 1 biotic for 1 scorched, but don't think that feels right. I do miss caduceus, freelancer, and closed accounts though. Dracos are a real winner. Rezzing them with 4 str makes them pretty decent. They don't insta die to parasites, mimic doesn't get through for 1, femme needs helps. And if they don't break, you can always dump all your money in a single etr or tag if you need to make sure they can't get your last agenda in hand or it provokes the kill shot. I don't like hunters because they don't end the run and Dracos make better siphon/vamp defense I think. I used to run TMI, but I don't like that card much anymore. It was only good against a siphon and even then. Base trace of 2 when the three most popular runners have 1 link kinda sucks.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (18)
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Hostage (Opening Moves) x1
Special Order (Core) x3
Inside Job (Core) x2

Hardware: (4)
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow) x1
Desperado (Core) x3

Program: (15)
Femme Fatale (Core) x1
Crypsis (Core) x1
Gordian Blade (Core) x1 ■■■
Yog.0 (Core) x1 ■
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x3
Knight (Mala Tempora) x3 ■■
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Faerie (Future Proof) x2

Resource: (8)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Mr. Li (Future Proof) x1
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 12
Criminal: 61
Shaper: 3

Fairly typical Gabe Knight deck. I don't run with plascretes as I feel scorch combos are work aroundable, and sometimes it encourages you to dig for them and not progress the game state. I also feel like it helps against being a dead card in a good amount of matches. Things I might change are taking out the Crypsis as he is just used a backup backup breaker, and I haven't used him in a long long time. I might also take out 1 Kati as I don't pull her out very often as my econ is generally pretty good just from the events and desperado.

Desperado is pretty damn amazing as always. I never realized how good it was until I kept track on paper of how many credits it nets me during a game. It's rediculous, like 15-30 is not uncommon. Thats huge. I might take out yog as well, at least until Conundrum comes back into play and everyone starts using that ice. I've seen a displacement of low str code gates recently. Mimic is still always great. I might find room for a second HQ interface if I take something else out just to see it earlier, I doubt I would ever install more than 1 though. Another Same Old Thing wouldn't hurt either, same with a 3rd faerie.

Welp, that about wraps things up. I had a great time at the tournament, even if I felt that we were both delayed and rushed out at the same time. Hopefully the location learns and grows as a netrunner store. Thanks for hosting the event Dragon's Keep. I'll be back next month for your April tournament. Sorry for the long post, and slightly fuzzy details. I've won a few tournament and I guess I should start writing details down between matches.

If you are big into OCTGN, I do stream OCTGN at various times on Twitch, although I've mostly been working on fixing audio/video issues and not really going hard at streaming like I wanted to, but that might change in the next couple weeks. My twitch account is http://www.twitch.tv/maddcowqq. I had some videos I had uploaded at one point but I cleared them out as they had various issues with sound and video. I might start streaming again, most likely starting after next week as there is still another tournament a week from yesterday coming up at Boardgame Revolution. Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry for my ramblings, I guess I have a lot of thoughts on the game that I haven't posted lately. I also apologize to my opponents for not remember a lot of the details. Thanks again, and keep it classy BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartthrob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
You murdered us bro...
Congratulations Zaq on a dominant performance! Smoked us all.

Also, a most excellent tournament breakdown. After the tournament Austen and I did look at the scoring rules and realized that the TO did in fact screw the pooch on that one. Strength of Schedule should have given me 2nd place, Austen 3rd and Sam 4th I believe...as it turned out I somehow got 7th and Austen 8th? ... wtf!? I might have to talk to Dragon's Keep in Orem about that because I'm out a playmat for that botched scoring...

Your knowledge of the game and superb in-game decisions make you the best local player we have right now IMO...but we do have a strong group. It was awesome to get to the final game against you (even though you blew my face off both games). I agree with your assessment of Breaking News right now and I tried really hard to not give you windows to trash my resource econ (as you saw with my liberated plays).

Without taking notes you remembered our match perfectly bro. It pretty much happened exactly as you said in our games. I was also glad to see our BGR peeps representing well in the tourney, SO to Sam, Austen, Elmon and Chris who packed the top table with us all day!

Overall I had a great time, mostly thanks to the people that showed up for the tournament. Unfortunately I only played against people from our local store so I didn't get to match up with the Idaho crew who seemed very chill. The TO just didn't understand the game (though he tried hard) and I know Kendon will be well-prepared for our tourney at BGR this weekend...he's a good TO and knows the rules well.

I'll be posting my decks on Netrunner DB, as should you my friend. I'll probably call them 2nd place decks as well so that they get a little context (not trying to steal thunder from what the Dragon's Keep says is 2nd place...but I feel a little shafted by the messed-up scoring).

My handle on NetrunnerDB is Heartthrob btw ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Clique wrote:

Hey, I love your decks on NRDB!

Oh, and I'll definitely look at Madd Cows NBN deck for my own in the upcoming tourneys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartthrob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
kollapse wrote:
Clique wrote:

Hey, I love your decks on NRDB!

Oh, and I'll definitely look at Madd Cows NBN deck for my own in the upcoming tourneys.

Hey thanks kollapse! I'm glad you like them. I haven't posted any of my tourney decks (just fun ones) until today. Madd Cow is a baller player and builds very well to the meta...I wish he'd publish his decks on NetrunnerDB! haha

BTW Madd Cow, I'm holding you to your promise to bring your janky Jinteki deck to this week's tourney!

My tourney decks:
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/3210/ambush-journalism
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/3211/overweight-date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
No worries. By the way, it's MaddCow, one word I'll b ring my Jankteki deck this weekend to the BGR tournament. I'll be in on wednesday, but might just bring my old decks for people to practice against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jub4l Har30haw
msg tools
mbmbmb
congrats on the win man, I wish I could make it to the tournament at BGR on Saturday, I wish we could have played at DK but I flopped so hard on the first round and Spencer was happy to hand it to me.

I feel bad about the way the prizes went out and I concur with Spencer and Austin who should have gotten play mats based on strength of schedule. Hopefully Spencer and Austin can get a mat at BGR. Now I feel like my 2nd place was unearned and I wish I could redeem myself at BGR on Saturday. Oh well, maybe now everyone will underestimate me in the next league or mini-tourney. I promise to bring it next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.