Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

to all of the geeks already playing the game: how we'll does it play with 2 players?

Thanks
-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it plays great with two. Since the board size changes based on the number of players, scalability seems to work good on all numbers. I primarily play this with two but have experienced it with 3 and 4 also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only play was with my 7 year-old daughter. She loved it and I thought it played fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
We found it boring 2p since the map was so big (yes, we used the 2p size) but I haven't played it with other player counts so it's possible that it's just bit boring game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this game as two-player game and it works fine. Map size and number of chits are adapted to the number of players, and it seems to scale well. We both like the game enough to bring it out to the table again. We do not think the map is too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it for 2. It's fast that way. I line it better for 3 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, Amerigo is great with two players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will give it a new try after the dice tower is now replaced with a working one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
We will give it a new try after the dice tower is now replaced with a working one.

What was the issue with the tower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rollo
United Kingdom
Tiptree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy it with two. The map is a little big - especially if you aren't exploring multiple times per turn - but I quite like the fact you aren't going cover everything and some land stays untouched!

The turns fly by as well, it's great that a game this big can be played in a relatively short period of time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue was that too many cubes fell out of the tower. Now it works better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Rogalo
Poland
sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just my first game of Amerigo and I played a 2p game. I think I missed the negative interaction a little bit, we really did not take much initiative fighting for the first player spot as you can pretty much do all you need any way. I believe that with 4p it will be different - I want to feel that I have competition and have to fight to make my action in that certain moment in time... I guess we will see tonight as I will play it again but with 4p now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik T
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my girlfriend have played the game eight times now, just the two of us, and we totally love the game! The scaling of the map and the production tokens (you only use the ones for two players) makes it work really well.

I have also played the game twelve times with three or four players and I must say that the game works just as good on two.

I'm now eagerly awaiting for the promo expansions to arrive in my mail and we believe it will make this great game even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
To the original topic, I played it for the first time last night with the wife and we thought it was great fun. I disagree that the map seems too big. We quickly were stepping on one another's turf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.