Jeff Cornelius
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to all our backers who submitted cards for round 2! The card submitted were outstanding the it was tough choosing the top five. The following are the five cards we have chosen for voting for this round of backer designed cards. Please check out the pictures, read the descriptions, and vote for your TWO favorites. The cards receiving the most votes will be included in Stones of Fate.

(note: graphic design is not final. The symbols for the backer designed zones may be modified. Wording may also be modified. Please vote based on which card intent you like.)

Card 1: Divide and Conquer

This card immediately swaps the stones on the top and bottom and on the left and right when it it flipped. While this will not affect who wins this card, players will have to account for the swap when they flip it as it will affect other cards. I can see players using this to their advantage and basically getting a free "move" out of the swapping stones.

Card 2: Poison or Treat?

No one can actually win this card. However the person that flips it has some pretty incredible influence. The person who flips the card will draw a card for each player with a stone adjacent. It's as if their are opportunity zones except the players with stones next to them don't draw cards at random. The player who flips the card gets to draw the correct number of cards, then look at them, then give them out to those players who have stones adjacent to the card. Finally, the player who flips the card gets to give the "-2" points to another player as well.

I can see this making for some very interesting decisions, especially if you have to give out a lot of high point cards.

Card 3: Sticky Card

The Sticky Card is a card that brings in an element that a lot of people ask already in Stones of Fate. "When I win a card to my stones stay out or are they returned to me?" Well, now when you win the Sticky Card, all the stones that were around that card are returned to their owners. This means players will have to plan for this when developing their strategies around this card.

Card 4: Dio

The idea behind Dio is the "passing of the torch". It gives a player an opportunity to pass the "-1" points on and at the same time get a new card worth an unknown amount. It could be a risky move, however. That card you draw of the top may very well be a "-2" point card.

Card 5: The Seer

This card can give you up to four free peeks (if it's in the center of the spread) and it's worth 2 points! The winner of the card immediately will get to peek at all cards adjacent to the place that the card just came out of so at the very least you would get two free peeks. This is another card that if planned well can really boost your strategy.

There are some great cards here. Please vote in our poll below and let us know which you would like to see in Stones of Fate!

Poll
Which TWO cards would you like to see added to Stones of Fate (pick any two)?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Divide and Conquer
37.3% 19
Poison or Treat?
25.5% 13
Sticky Card
43.1% 22
Dio
29.4% 15
The Seer
56.9% 29
Voters 51
This poll is now closed.   51 answers
Poll created by ondfly123
Closes: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My inspiration for the Dio card:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the concept of the Seer is good, it's way overpowered. 3 or 4 free peeks is huge, if it was limited to "2 adjacent cards" I would have been more inclined to vote for it. Dio and Poison are both a bit meh. Which left the fun Divide & Conquer with great strategic possibilities and the Sticky Card which levels the field nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the thing, all of these cards are overpowered. Well, except for Dio which was designed as a tribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.