Popular Tags: [View All]
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you draw them when darkness activates? From looking at the slaughterfield gameplay video you do not, but it makes no mention of this in the rules.

If you do draw cards, as the rulebook seems to indicate how do things spawn?

If you don't draw cards as the the video seems to indicate does threat level penalty not matter?

Seriously, this is really bad MegaCon Games. Did you not send the game to any players not involved with the production and have them try to learn this from your rules? I feel like it was play-tested extensively but only in the company of the designer who was able to explain everything as it came up without the playtesters ever referencing the rulebook.

Because if they did reference the rulebook surely things like this wouldn't have been overlooked and would be included. If this is the level of playtesting I can expect with Mercs Recon let me know so I can drop my pledge now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
You do not. Darkness cards only pertain to when you are playing the main game. Even when doing Slaughterfield within the main game.

Spawning in slaughterfield is in the wave system, and it does appear that there is no threat penalty in Slaughterfield.

Obviously, the rules are flawed (badly), but the game will be great and they are working hard to fix the issue (which is very rare). Brian even said that they may be shipping something in the 2nd wave and for retail.

So yah, I am confident they will learn from the mistake and this won't be an issue in Recon. It also helps that Recon appears to be a much less complex game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
You do not. Darkness cards only pertain to when you are playing the main game. Even when doing Slaughterfield within the main game

To make sure I'm understanding correctly; If a slaughterfield quest starts in the 'main game mode' we do not draw darkness cards then? Only spawning new monsters when stuff is killed (or four rounds have passed) from the Wave generator table or deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
NyQuil Driver wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
You do not. Darkness cards only pertain to when you are playing the main game. Even when doing Slaughterfield within the main game

To make sure I'm understanding correctly; If a slaughterfield quest starts in the 'main game mode' we do not draw darkness cards then? Only spawning new monsters when stuff is killed (or four rounds have passed) from the Wave generator table or deck?

Correct.

(I'm about 95% sure on this one - in the Slaughterfield vids they do not pull darkness cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.