Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question involves a situation where the offensive player uses air units, carriers and battleships to attack a hex containing enemy battleships and cruisers only. The carriers stand off from the battle hex, but the offensive BB units sail into the hex. The reaction player is unable to bring any air or carrier units into the fight.

If I'm reading things right, the air and offshore carrier units in this case cannot be reduced by the air/naval combat?

If that's so, if at least one of the offensive air units or carriers is at full strength, but the offensive BBs in the hex are reduced, does that mean that the offensive player's units are effectively invulnerable?

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
My question involves a situation where the offensive player uses air units, carriers and battleships to attack a hex containing enemy battleships and cruisers only. The carriers stand off from the battle hex, but the offensive BB units sail into the hex. The reaction player is unable to bring any air or carrier units into the fight.

If I'm reading things right, the air and offshore carrier units in this case cannot be reduced by the air/naval combat?

If that's so, if at least one of the offensive air units or carriers is at full strength, but the offensive BBs in the hex are reduced, does that mean that the offensive player's units are effectively invulnerable?

Thanks,

Chris

Critical hit is the exception, but yes no damage is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I'd like to clarify this ruling because it seems counterintuitive to me--if I attack naval non-carrier units with reduced naval units and some unreduced air (which is not in the battle hex), my units are immune to harm unless a critical hit is rolled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.