Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a question that I couldn't answer - Faith cards that are played that also have an effect that gets +whatever for additional Faith cards, do they count towards your total faith, or only cards played before them?

For cards that give a buff to Attack Actions - I'm assuming it is any cards played as an action that says - "make an attack on" which would rule out spells, correct?

By the way, the rules are not as bad as people are making them sound. Subjective I know, but we played yesterday straight from the rulebook I had read beforehand. We made a few small errors, but after reviewing the rulebook again last night, I realized just a few things we did wrong.

I also want to say that this game is seriously amazing. We all had a good time. I think the reason it is so difficult for people to figure out how to play is that it is SUPER different from any board game I've ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Faith Question
I have the same question. Since the acolyte has one base faith built in, does he get the built in faith plus the faith on the card for a total of two? Or, is it only additional faith cards that are played that are counted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
The faith keyword on a card also buffs that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
The faith keyword on a card also buffs that card.

Any reference? I didn't just want opinions - no offense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Faith on a card buffs that card, and any other cards triggered afterwards that need Faith.

By triggered afterwards, I mean played after, or a defensive buff played earlier, but triggered in the Darkness Cycle after.

Basically, when the card triggers, count all Faith you have in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Yes, the Faith on a card buffs that card, and any other cards triggered afterwards that need Faith.

By triggered afterwards, I mean played after, or a defensive buff played earlier, but triggered in the Darkness Cycle after.

Gotcha, thanks. Any idea about the attack Action buffs? (I know you were involved in the play testing :))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if Faith is a spendable resource. I believe it is; but say I get my faith up to 3 and I have 2 cards that use faith. Are they both powered for 3 faith? Or is faith expended and as such only used on one card? (Meaning I'd have I could do one card powered to 1 faith and the second card powered to 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
NyQuil Driver wrote:
I'm curious if Faith is a spendable resource. I believe it is; but say I get my faith up to 3 and I have 2 cards that use faith. Are they both powered for 3 faith? Or is faith expended and as such only used on one card? (Meaning I'd have I could do one card powered to 1 faith and the second card powered to 2)

You simply count the faith you can see. So, if the first card you play has a faith keyword, then you play it powered by 2 faith. If you play a 2nd card with faith, it would be powered by 3 faith.

Also, My answer wasnt an opinion, and i would have said of it was... I dont have a reference because its not in the rule book but this is a common question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
NyQuil Driver wrote:

You simply count the faith you can see. So, if the first card you play has a faith keyword, then you play it powered by 2 faith. If you play a 2nd card with faith, it would be powered by 3 faith.

So the 2 faith that powered the first card are also available again to power the third card? Makes sense, just want to clarify. Is this from the rulebook/Brian or an interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
NyQuil Driver wrote:

So the 2 faith that powered the first card are also available again to power the third card? Makes sense, just want to clarify. Is this from the rulebook/Brian or an interpretation?

I just think nowhere has it ever been mentioned that it works the way you suggested, including the gameplay videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

Gotcha, thanks. Any idea about the attack Action buffs? (I know you were involved in the play testing )

Hey, first of all, no, I wasn't involved in playtesting, sorry to disappoint

Regarding the attack buffs, they apply to any attack ACTION (as you said). Spells included, as long as the card attacks enemies, and it's played as an action, you're good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
NyQuil Driver wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
NyQuil Driver wrote:

I just think nowhere has it ever been mentioned that it works the way you suggested, including the gameplay videos.

I thought I remembered reading the words 'spend faith' but I can't find it now, so maybe I'm just imagining it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for calculating total Faith (and technically that it is used as a total) are on page 22 in the "Prayer and Faith" note, 2nd paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.