Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Since PBF61, I think we need a thread dedicated toward keeping a list of PBF user created roles and collaborating creating roles. This one is a bit different from the other role idea thread since some roles might work for PBF oriented.

Finalized roles for use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I think we definitely need a thread like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We should keep a list in the main post of "draft", "testing" and "final" versions of submissions. Maybe with a link to each, if industrious.

Here are my roles from PBF 61:

Blue / Red Outfitter

When you private reveal to someone, you may tell them to "take my outfit". When you do, you hand them your card. You no longer have your card. Any player that has your card may show it as if it were their own. That player may not hand your card off to anyone else.

Blue / Red Painter

When you color or card share with another player, you give them the "painted" condition and paint their card a color from one of your remaining paint cans. Players with the painted condition must color reveal as if they are a player of the painted color. When a player full reveals, they reveal their actual color along with their role. Example: A blue player with the painted condition color shares or color shows as I am Red, but they card share as I am the Blue XXX. You begin the game with one paint can of each color in the game. You may only use each paint can once.

Blue/Red Vacuum

Whenever another player private reveals to you, you take their card. You do not gain the powers or role of any card you take. If you have three cards, your bag is full and you cannot suck up anymore cards.

Blue / Red Symbiote

The first time you card or color share with another player, you both gain the "Symbiotic" condition. You and the player you are symbiotic with count as one player for hostage transfers and must be transferred together. Anyone who card shares or card shows with one of you card shares or card shows with each of you. Any player who whispers one of you must whisper each of you. Each of you may card or color show to anyone individually. If a player with the symbiotic condition ever gains that condition again, they lose the game.

Blue Battery-Powered Shield

Whenever a player private reveals to you, you take their card. You do not gain the powers or role of any card you take. If you have at least one card besides your own, you gain the "charged" condition. If you have the "charged" condition and you co-reveal with the President, you give them your card and any cards you have collected to that point and the President gains the "shielded" condition. A player with the shielded condition gains a number of shield points equal to the number of other players' cards he has, minus 1 (so you don't count the Battery-Powered Shield card). At the end of the game, each shield prevents one explosion from harming the President. If the President is out of shields and any explosions remain, the President gains the dead condition.

Red Battery-Powered Payload

Whenever a player private reveals to you, you take their card. You do not gain the powers or role of any card you take. If you have at least one card besides your own, you gain the "charged" condition. If you have the "charged" condition and you co-reveal with the Bomber, you give them your card and any cards you have collected to that point and the Bomber gains the "Cluster" condition. A player with the Cluster condition gains a number of explosion points equal to the number of other players' cards he has, minus 1 (so you don't count the Battery-Powered Payload card). At the end of the game, each explosion point creates one additional explosion in the same room as the bomb (the bomb itself creates one explosion as well). If the President is out of shields and any explosions remain, the President gains the dead condition.

Lurker at the Threshold

You are immune to all conditions. You may private reveal to any player and say "I offer you a pact". That player must respond to your message by accepting or rejecting your pact explicitly and secretly (do not need to whisper). Any player that accepts your pact gains the "empowered" condition. Any player with the "empowered" condition may choose to remove that condition at any time for one of the following effects:

1) Cancel another players empowered effect on them as it is used.
2) Private reveal to another player, tell them you are burning your power to give that player the Coy condition
3) Purge all conditions from themself (excluding Empowered and Exhausted)
4) Private reveal to another player and tell them you are burning your power to purge all conditions from that player (excluding Empowered or Exhausted)
5) Private reveal to another player and give them the stoned condition and force them to retract all previous votes
6) Grant themselves an extra vote (ala the Mayor ability)
7) Private reveal to another player, tell them you are burning your power and that they must offer a co-reveal to another player that cannot be retracted during that round.

Any player that chooses to lose the empowered condition gains the exhausted condition. At the end of the game, each player with the exhausted condition rolls an N sided die (Where N is the total number of players with the exhausted condition). Any player that rolls less than or equal to (N-2) immediately loses the game. If at least five players end the game with the exhausted condition (this can be more depending on size), The Lurker at the Threshold wins. If not, the Lurker at the Threshhold loses.

Purple Doppleganger

During the first round, you may color reveal as red or blue, but on full reveal you reveal as the Purple Doppleganger. Before the end of the first round, you must choose a player and message the moderator. The moderator will tell you that players full role. For the remainder of the game, you may only reveal as that role, and you gain all powers of that role.

You win with the team of the role you are copying. The player you choose to copy is not told that you are copying them, but they now win with the opposing team wins. (Ex., you choose to copy Slathe, who is the Red Engineer. You now reveal as the Red Engineer and gain all powers of the Red Engineer and win with the red team. Slathe still reveals and has all the powers of the Red Engineer, but wins with Blue Team. If you copy a non-red/blue role, you gain that roles win conditions, but only win if the player you copied loses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuff I submitted that I liked:

Blue/Red Medium

You have the SEANCE power. Once per round, you may attempt to contact a spirit from a past PBF (a player who is not playing in this one) to join the thread. The Spirit will take on a previous role that they had in a previous game, decided by the Medium. For example, Mike was Blue Vampire in PBF15. I can "Contact Mike", and ask him to play Blue Vampire. If he shows up in the thread, he is Blue Vampire until he leaves or time is up.

Regarding Spirits:
- Each Spirit can only be brought into the game once per game. Though you may attempt to contact the same Spirit more than once.
- Once called, Spirits can only read the current round room thread they are in (they can't read past room threads of the medium).
- They are free to whisper, card share, color share, just as if they were a player in the game.
- The Spirit leaves the thread when the round ends. It can choose to leave earlier by posting as an action.

Blue/Red Scholar

You begin the game knowing the names of one random person on the Blue Team and one random person on the Red Team. The Blue Scholar and the Red Scholar receive different names from each other. Example message: "Shawna IS on your team. Slathe IS NOT on your team."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this could use some work.

Blue/Red Sleeper Agent

If during rounds 2-4, there is a public reveal in your room from a card that is your color, then you switch allegiances to the other team. This trigger only happens once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Idea!

Maybe we can make it like this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TwoRoomsAndABoom_PBF

So anyone can edit and make new roles/changes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
r/b Moogle - Twice per game, you may private reveal to another player and say "I am the RED/BLUE MOOGLE. I will deliver your letters, Kupo! (For the remainder of the round if we are in the same room you must send all your whispers only to me and I will forward them to their addressee. I cannot tamper or edit the message in anyway.)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, there's my bird trio. I think it needs some fixing. The idea behind this is that it forces the teams to work together. And not via a grey party, via each a teammate. And they only have one shot, hence the paranoid condition. But as it was pointed out, it's like the two teams each hold half of a Nuclear Tyrant.

Thoughts on this? Maybe there's a way to... I don't know, make it less of a nuclear tyrant option. Would something like "before the end of round 3" make it simple enough? Then either team won't be able to hold back their side for an all loss at the end. I've forgotten all my thoughts on how to fix this since it's been a week.

Dove - You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Must card share with Hawk or Blue Team loses.

Hawk - You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Must card share with Dove or Red Team loses.

Albatross - You begin with the "paranoid" condition. You win the game if you card share with the Hawk or the Dove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
Awesome Idea!

I think they should still get discussed in this thread a bit, though. The think that sucked about the last game was that we couldn't talk to anyone about our role creation other than demo.

I bet we can make some really cool stuff with collaboration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

FOR SCIENCE!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Duran
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:

Purple Doppleganger

During the first round, you may color reveal as red or blue, but on full reveal you reveal as the Purple Doppleganger. Before the end of the first round, you must choose a player and message the moderator. The moderator will tell you that players full role. For the remainder of the game, you may only reveal as that role, and you gain all powers of that role.

You win with the team of the role you are copying. The player you choose to copy is not told that you are copying them, but they now win with the opposing team wins. (Ex., you choose to copy Slathe, who is the Red Engineer. You now reveal as the Red Engineer and gain all powers of the Red Engineer and win with the red team. Slathe still reveals and has all the powers of the Red Engineer, but wins with Blue Team. If you copy a non-red/blue role, you gain that roles win conditions, but only win if the player you copied loses.

So you're the one who already had a role named doppleganger. My roles from PBF 61:

Blue / Red Triple Agent - The triple agent can reveal as any color, even on a card share.

Blue / Red Shape-Shifter (Which I originally called doppleganger) - The Shape-Shifter takes on the color/role name attributes of their most recent share. They do not gain any powers. When they color or card share, they show the color or card of their most recent share.

For example, if the blue shape-shifter card shares with the red agent, they will show the red agent on their next card share or red on their next color share. If they then color share with a blue, they will show blue agent on their next card share or blue on their next color share.

Captain Planet - You cannot public reveal or private full reveal. Captain Planet wins by card sharing with at least one person of each color in the game (Red/Blue/Grey/Etc.) With each new color he gains power. 1 color: can now private full reveal once. 2nd color: can now force a card-share once. 3rd color: can cure curable conditions on card share.

I originally only the had the win condition part but in discussions with Demo we decided that it would make it more interesting and thematic if he gained powers as he card shared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh yeah. I made the Blob too. The idea behind that was to discourage people from private revealing. I think it was originally green though. I don't mind it purple.

Blob - you keep the card of any player that private reveals with you. You may show any player any stolen card. You win if you have eaten a third (rounded down) of the player's cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I made this one, very close to the last minute, that didn't get added to the list. Was a quick idea, didn't sure if I liked the "reply" ability. But threw it in. Thoughts?

Blue/Red Postman - Once per a round, you may send ONE message to a player in the other room. To do this, you post as a bolded action in your room, "[Mail letter to DeMorcerf]", and then geekmail them. The recipient is allowed to send ONE message back as a reply, only to the original sender, by posting a similar action in their own room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Awesome Idea!

I think they should still get discussed in this thread a bit, though. The think that sucked about the last game was that we couldn't talk to anyone about our role creation other than demo.

I was worried you would become too powerful if you combined forces. You guys are like Voltron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Ohhh yeah. I made the Blob too. The idea behind that was to discourage people from private revealing. I think it was originally green though. I don't mind it purple.

Blob - you keep the card of any player that private reveals with you. You may show any player any stolen card. You win if you have eaten a third (rounded down) of the player's cards.

I think it makes more sense as green. I always thought as purple as "could be blue/red/both", green as "I am independent and out to do my own thing but its going to be at your cost", grey as "I am independent but might work w/ you. Not sure what pink is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

I think it makes more sense as green. I always thought as purple as "could be blue/red/both", green as "I am independent and out to do my own thing but its going to be at your cost", grey as "I am independent but might work w/ you. Not sure what pink is...

By that logic, Oncologist/Chemical Engineer should be Purple instead of Green?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwi13cubed wrote:
Slathe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

They were made Green to make them harder to trust and find.

I made the Blob purple in order for better diversity of colors and because it seemed like it would have a lot harder time winning as green than as purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwi13cubed wrote:
Slathe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

No because purple roles tend to individually be able to be either (because their role is not determined or because they can show both colors). The oncologist and chemical engineer are still red/blue aligned, and only one of them, so I think they make more sense as grey or green.

I'm mostly just making stuff up though regarding colors, though, and one nice thing about PBF is you can very easily change a cards color to fit where it belongs. I liked the oncologist/chemical engineer as green because you want them to hide among scary roles, I think, like zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splitting this off into its own post, like you did with roles that still needed work, Caitlin. I think the others in my initial post are usable, even if not entirely balanced/tweaked yet. But the spirit is a work in progress / draft.

Pink Spirit

You exist in each room both rounds. You may not post publicly in the thread, you may not whisper, and you may not card or color show or share. You must instead haunt the cards of the other players. Each time a card or color share occurs between two other players, you may send one identical message of 5 words or less to each of the two players involved in that card share. Those two players may each respond with a message of 10 words or less. No player may message the spirit, or be messaged by the spirit, more than once per round. At the end of the game, you win if...(Having trouble coming up w/ a win condition, will think on it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
Kiwi13cubed wrote:
Slathe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

They were made Green to make them harder to trust and find.

I made the Blob purple in order for better diversity of colors and because it seemed like it would have a lot harder time winning as green than as purple.

The one reason the Blob might need to be purple is because as a green nobody is going to try and reveal to him. I don't know how you'd ever win the game without an additional line of text as the blob with some additional power (power to reveal as blue/red) or some reason. He's a great threat to private reveals, but people will just demand color reveals first in that instance, and then he's outed (which is a problem w/ many green/purple roles since those colors aren't used as much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
I think this could use some work.

Blue/Red Sleeper Agent

If during rounds 2-4, there is a public reveal in your room from a card that is your color, then you switch allegiances to the other team. This trigger only happens once.

Would this be better as a grey (or purple) role, maybe with a partner of some sort that automatically goes to the other team?

The problem w/ it as red/blue is that its possible for both of them to get flipped to the same team, which would be terrible.

Essentially its a red/blue robot that triggers on public reveal, right? So why not do this:

Purple Sleeper Agent

During Rounds 1 and 2, you may color share as red or blue. If a red card is publicly revealed during these first two rounds, your card becomes blue and you win with the blue team. If a blue card is publicly revealed during the first two rounds, you become red and win with the red team. If no cards are publicly revealed, you win only if both other teams lose.

You can do that as a single role, and it still discourages public reveals, but doesn't have the possibility of both teams getting the benefit. If you like the match set, you just write the opposite.

Purple Counter Intelligence

During Rounds 1 and 2, you may color share as red or blue. If a red card is publicly revealed during these first two rounds, your card becomes red and you win with the red team. If a blue card is publicly revealed during the first two rounds, you become blue and win with the blue team.

Or you can hard-code it to be always opposite the sleeper agent, ala:

Purple Counter Intelligence

During Rounds 1 and 2, you may color share as red or blue. If the sleeper agent is activated, your card becomes the opposite color from the sleeper agent. If the sleeper agent is not activated, you win the game only if both red and blue teams lose.

You might want a different conditional if no teams public reveal, as well.

Not sure this fully addresses the issue, but its best I have for right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'll copy my roles in here once get to my computer. I want to make cat lady work, or at least leprechaun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
varoan wrote:
I'll copy my roles in here once get to my computer. I want to make cat lady work, or at least leprechaun.

You'll need a new name for Leprechaun, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
Blue / Red Symbiote

The first time you card or color share with another player, you both gain the "Attached" condition. You and the player you are attached to count as one player for hostage transfers and must be transferred together. Anyone who card shares or card shows with one of you card shares or card shows with each of you. Any player who whispers one of you must whisper each of you. Each of you may card or color show to anyone individually. If two symbiotes each attach to one player, all three players lose the game.

I think this condition needs to be renamed. Centipede used a condition named attached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.