Toni Salonen
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
Is this worth 100 GeekGold?
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I have Office (it can turn your buildings in your supply to resources) and I purchase Wood Trader (it can turn one wood to two resources). So can I use Wood Trader couple of times and then discard buildings with Office and later continue to use Wood Trader?

2.Do the basic buildings (those three that you have in the beginning) work with Extension (it gives you one point for adjacent buildings)?

3. Kind of same question but: upgrade House of the Brotherhood (gives you 4 clay), can I use it with Tavern (with that you can use adjacent building again)?

4.Plant nursery (gives you one point per longest groves). X=grove
So is this worth of 10pts?
XXX--
X-X--
XXX--
X---X
X---X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Salonen
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
Is this worth 100 GeekGold?
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify question 1. I have Office in my field. And in my supply I have buildings A, B and C. I purchase Wood Trader (it is one time use building) and start to convert wood to other resources. When I'm out of wood I use Office and discard building A thus I'm given two wood. Can I continue to use my Wood Trader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tsoi
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re Q2. & 3.

Q2. In page 15 of the rulebook, "The Start buildings are considered Bonus buildings...". So, I think start buildings will give you one point if you build Extension next to one of them.

Q3. If you upgraded the House of the Brotherhood first, then you build a Tavern next to it, I would say you can use the House of the Brotherhood again by using the ability of Tavern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton (who wrote the English translation of the rules) said here that the answer to question #2 is yes - Extension gives a point if it is built next to one of the Start buildings.

Earlier today, I asked question #3 later in the same thread. I would guess that the answer is also yes - Tavern can be used to copy the effect of an adjacent Immediate building that was used to upgraded one of the Start buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Ponton (who wrote the English translation of the rules) said here that the answer to question #2 is yes - Extension gives a point if it is built next to one of the Start buildings.

Earlier today, I asked question #3 later in the same thread. I would guess that the answer is also yes - Tavern can be used to copy the effect of an adjacent Immediate building that was used to upgraded one of the Start buildings.

I might have missed your post. The answer to #3 is also yes, as you assumed correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton - Since you seem to be in the mood to answer Tavern questions - could you take a look at this one? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.