8 Posts

Letters from Whitechapel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Investigating the crime scene. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaycee Skyhawkk
msg tools
I searched around, but could not see this on any board, so I'll ask it here:

So, either I missed it (as I only skimmed the rules), or it isn't printed, but the only time an investigator can search or arrest at a crime scene is if it was a previous murder location.

Case in point, night 3. we had 2 investigators close to both murders, and could do arrests, yet we did not. later we thought Jack had used the other crime scene, so we house ruled that only one can be searched on the third night, no arrests allowed on the first turn that night, and found he had used the other crime scene.

Clarification? Can we search/arrest the current crime scene on that nights murder, and if not, should we house rule that only one scene can be searched on the third night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Originalazrael wrote:
I searched around, but could not see this on any board, so I'll ask it here:

So, either I missed it (as I only skimmed the rules), or it isn't printed, but the only time an investigator can search or arrest at a crime scene is if it was a previous murder location.

Case in point, night 3. we had 2 investigators close to both murders, and could do arrests, yet we did not. later we thought Jack had used the other crime scene, so we house ruled that only one can be searched on the third night, no arrests allowed on the first turn that night, and found he had used the other crime scene.

Clarification? Can we search/arrest the current crime scene on that nights murder, and if not, should we house rule that only one scene can be searched on the third night?

You can search/arrest on the current night's crime scene, although their is no point in searching as there will always be a clue result.

If you have 2 detectives who can arrest on their first turn on night 3, covering both crime scenes, then this is certainly OK for both to arrest and means that they will win the game as Jack must be on one of the scenes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

If you have 2 detectives who can arrest on their first turn on night 3, covering both crime scenes, then this is certainly OK for both to arrest and means that they will win the game as Jack must be on one of the scenes.

This is right. That's why Jack has to plan the third night a little bit ahead (murder on the critical spots in the nights before or let the white pawns move to have more spots to murder).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what I did on my first game. I had 2 policeman next to 2 possible crime scenes and I chose one of them, Idiot.

I did have a possible crime scene way out on the left which I could have chosen as the last murder on night 3, but in the heat of the moment with the adrenalin rushing I ran straight into the arms of plod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no restrictions on which spots can be searched or arrested on. Searching the crime scene is however pointless since there is already a clue there.

Your question implies you are doing something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

But Jack moves before the police investigate, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
DaveD wrote:

No, not in the third night. He is at the location of the second murder in this night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
DaveD wrote:

No, not in the third night. He is at the location of the second murder in this night.

We never picked up on that change for night 3. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.