Subject: Suitable for an advanced foreign language classroom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a high school German teacher and the seniors I have this year, I've taught since they were freshmen. In all humility, they are excellent German speakers now. I'm wondering if this game would be appropriate in the foreign language classroom. If so, at what level? How much speaking is required? I really don't know much about this game.

Vielen Dank! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules aside, the game is itself language independent. Players are describing a card with a picture on it with a word, phrase or sound trying not to make it so obvious everyone picks the card nor so obsecure that no one picks the card. So doing so in German doesn't change the game from doing it in English (or any other language). Go for it and let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, it is easier to make the clues less obvious in your mother tongue: you have a wider choice of idioms, expressions etc... However, this might be quite an interesting exercise in foreign language as well. A bit more challenging, but definitely not impossible for those who know the language well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.