Subject: Exploration Hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got finished with my first go at scenario number 2, and like many other players botched the fog rule...I played fog only on explored tiles...while it was difficult, I don't think that it is impossible.

Welp. It turns out that fog can be placed on any of the exploration hexes...And I got to wondering...

Are the only places exploration can happen within the 10 ENCLOSED hexes on the map or do the other partial hexes count as well?

If it is the case that only the 10 enclosed hexes are used assures that one tile will not be placed each game, and means that I have played my first 8 games wrong. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep- enclosed hexes only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Exception: Scenario 3 of the expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty "back to the grind" Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
Knowledge is light
badge
Be the Change
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game currently in front of me but I think there is a scenario that starts with a tile on a partial hex which is I believe scenario 5 cannibal island. The cannibal city starts unexplored and is across the island from the starting beach tile. Other than those exceptions the enclosed hexes only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I botched the rule about the island hexes too. Not only with the fog (we played the fog right, but still wrong) but with all scenarios when exploring.

When I first run into the situation I discussed it with my SO and we decided to let hexes (those with partial borders drawn and visible island) count as possible island tiles too. We didn't considered looking in the rules shake

We're now at a total of 24 plays and realised just yesterday (while browsing the rules) that our decision was a mistake.
I think that at least a third of my/our plays are affected and the winning-ratio just dropped down a little bit (before we won about 45%).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.