Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the 1979 season and played my first game: San Francisco Giants at Cincinnati Reds.

The rulebook is clear and concise. Anyone who has played table top baseball games in the past should be able to learn this game and start playing in minutes.

The game play is crisp and smooth, with the majority of the play results coming right off the player cards based on a roll of 4 dice (2 for the pitcher and 2 for the batter). The charts for base stealing, runner advancement, rare plays, etc., are extremely easy to interpret.

My first game was a low scoring affair (3 - 0), with Vida Blue and Tom Seaver on the mound to start the game. Seaver ended up with a complete game, shutout victory. Blue gave up 3 runs over 6 innings for the loss.

There are plenty of player cards (I'd say around 33 - 35 players per team). Players who played for more than one team during the season usually have separate cards for each team, plus an additional card that shows their combined stats for the season.

So far, so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.