14 Posts

Deadzone» Forums » General

Subject: Gluing the minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmph! "Modern-Day Robin Hood." What am I supposed to do? Steal from myself and give to the poor?
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some discussion on this topic in an older post but I waned to see what people have found to be the best glue for these minis. I have not assembled minis before and there are no flgs that have mini stuff besides some paint, so I am looking for a store solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I use crazy glue. It's good for plastic and metal. Others might suggest others, but I really never had a problem with it. You just have to hold it for a couple of seconds and the trick is not getting your fingers stuck. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmph! "Modern-Day Robin Hood." What am I supposed to do? Steal from myself and give to the poor?
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bare2theBone wrote:
Hi, I use crazy glue. It's good for plastic and metal. Others might suggest others, but I really never had a problem with it. You just have to hold it for a couple of seconds and the trick is not getting your fingers stuck. Hope this helps.

James, thanks for the reply! Do you recommend a certain kind of crazy glue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Krazy glue and I also have some scotch super glue which works also. I'm pretty sure I used both when I put my deadzone minis together. They worked well with both the metal and plastic. Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loctite works great and stores well. Its about $3 at walmart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for crazy glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Gorilla Glue. The gel worked really well. Found it at Home Depot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used Loctite to glue my first Plague unit!!! Thanks again guys! I also have Scotch brand to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
Loctite works great and stores well. Its about $3 at walmart.

All my DreadBall & Deadzone stuff is held together with Loctite gel. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always used Zap-A-Gap. They have various products for your gluing needs: http://www.zapglue.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wurtil
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Loctite or Gorilla Glue are perfectly fine, just be sure that for Mantic "restic" models you get the "Gel" type. I used regular Gorilla and Loctite for a few minis at first, and switched to gel after hearing it was a bit better and the drying time was vastly superior using the gel superglues. I don't have scotch super glue, I tried krazy glue too and it was fine, but the gels (especially the Gorilla Glue Gel) seemed to bond almost instantly with most of the deadzone models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When i spoke to Mark Wallace from Mantic he said crazy glue or the gel control for the miniatures. and on the Scenery use a poly cement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
and on the Scenery use a poly cement

Nooooo!!! Poly Cement melts the plastic together so it would be the most permanent choice. Someday Mantic might pull their head out of their butt, and redesign the connectors to work the way they were advertised. If that happens it will be much easier to take apart scenery held together with super glue.

One of the players here used a hot glue gun on the scenery and got good results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.