Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Nelsen
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
My LGS is finally starting the STAW OP. I am not that experienced, my competitive play is limited to an OP 6 event I jumped into and didn't do so hot at with Roms.

Because the OP is running late, the host wanted to make it easier on newbs, and so here are the OP 1 rules:

80 points, no more than 2 ships, no resources, no AO (I have no LE's, not sure if they are allowed anyhow).

*correction* the OP is also pure faction.

As many of you have already done OP 1, I'm curious if you have any fleet building or strategic advice?

I've come up with 2 possible Dom builds, a Rom and a Fed build, though everyone appears to be hot about Klingons around here given the attendance at OP6, so maybe I should counter Klingons with Klingons?

Here are my lists so far:

DOMINION 1st choice:

Koranak 26
Gul Dukat 5
Tetryon 3
Cloaking 4
Dorsal 3
Boheeka 2

Keldon 24
Gul Evek 2
Tetryon 3
Cloak 4
Dorsal 3

79 points

DOMINION 2nd choice:

4th Division 36
Gul Dukat 5
Tetryon 3
Omet'Iklan 5
Boheeka 2

5th Wing 22
Gelnon 3
Tetryon 3

79 points

ROMULAN:

IRW Valdore 30
Toreth 4
Nuclear Warhead 3
Nuclear Warhead 3

IRW Gal Gath'Thong 18
Mirok 2
Plasma Torpedoes 5
Plasma Torpedoes 5
Varel 10

80 points

FEDERATION:

Excelsior 26
Picard 6
Attack Pattern Omega 3
Quantum Torpedoes 6
Lojour 2
Pavel Checkov 3

Defiant 24
Riker 4
Cloaking 4
EMH 2

80 points

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Nelsen
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Here's my Klingon build:

Negh'Var 28
Worf 3
Adv Weapon Sys 5
N'Garen 4

IKS Koraga 26
Gowron 4
Adv Weapon Sys 5
Alexander 3

78 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try something along the lines of:

Koranak (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Montgomery Scott (6)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Ship SP: 40

Tetryon Emmisions gets you a few extra defense dice. Scotty lets you repair shields OR punish your opponent for not attacking your ship. Dukat helps you out with a Battle stations. With the 180 firing arc and better maneuvering you really wont have to worry about dorsal weapons or anything like that.

Kraxon (26)
Mirok (3)
Konmel (5)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Polarized Hull Plating (3)
Ship SP: 40

Total Build SP: 80

Mirok and Konmel let you repair your ship (so long as you try to keep in more formation) The ship also lets you move damage from the Koronak to here. This make this ship a target so Tetryon and Hull plating should help mitigate some of the pain and keep your Koronak safe(r) for killing.

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Nelsen
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Oops! Those probably are good choices... but I forgot to mention our OP is pure faction. DOH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with the Cardassians myself. Evek is great with cloak & Tetryon. Those 180 firing arcs can compensate for beginner poor flying mistakes and relatively weak maneuvers of the ships.

If you went with the Romulans I'd drop one Nuclear Warhead and take the Tactical Officer. Perhaps drop the other warhead for Massacre. The IRW Valdore/Toreth/Tactical Officer is probably the best single 37 point ship in the game. I've started adding Massacre to that ship but am not 100% sold on it yet. That 1 extra damage (Toreth is sure to get a CRIT to a hull) just doesn't seem to be making that killing difference for me yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Nelsen
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, how about:

IRW Valdore
Toreth
Massacre
Romulan Office
Varel

IRW Praetus
Donatra
Cloaked Mines (or plasma torp)
Cloaked Mines (or interphase)

OR

Gal Gath'Thong
Donatra
Plasma
Plasma

FOR pure cardys, is it worth taking two dorsal arrays on one ship if the other is the Kraxon running support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Nelsen
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Koranak
Dukat
Boheeka
Dorsal
Dorsal
Tetryon
Tetryon

Kraxon
Evek
Cloaking
Breen Aide

Was thinking doubling up Dorsals and Tetryons would preclude early re-enabling, but getting them back up later would be a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.