Subject: Newbie rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read through the rules, including all the tutorials. I feel I understand most of it, but I have a couple questions.

1. Tension rising - the tutorial rules state that you roll 2 dice, and if they both share a symbol, tension rises (it gives an example of the dodge/crit side along with the crit side. However, the rules later state that whenever you roll, if you get the dodge/crit side, you choose if you want dodge or crit, and that the die isn't considered rolled until you make that choice. This sounds like a contradiction... Does tension rise if you roll crit/dodge and crit? Or only if you choose crit for the crit/dodge? What if you roll 2 wild cards? Tension rises, or only if you choose the same for both dice?

2. When can you activate demon powers? Comparing it to MTG, are they instants or sorceries? In other words, can you wait until all crit and armor rolls are made, and then flip a boost for extra damage? Or do you have to use the boost before you attack?

3. Where do traps come from? I don't see demonic rewards that allow you to create them. Also, wouldn't players just never step on traps? Do they only get triggered if you use push back or if you choose to step on one?

4. Broad question, but are there any common rules mistakes that first-time players tend to alway do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frankovich
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1. Tension rises after you decide the result when you have a split/wild dice. So when you roll "crit/dodge" and "crit" you can either have tension rise (if you picked crit), or avoid tension rising (if you picked dodge). Likewise, with wildcards you have the ability to pick anything and can have tension rise or avoid it.

2. They are "sorceries" if you'd like to compare it to MTG. So I assume you're asking in the case of the +2 damage one-time use boosts, you would have to use it before rolling. Likewise, if you bought a potion for one of your krosmasters to use they would have to do it on their own turn (if they had already gone, they might be killed off before being able to use the potion).

3. Fraktor (Close Quarters - Expansion pack #6) makes a trap, and yes you generally have to try to push someone back onto them. I've seen someone walk on their own trap in the online game, but it's pretty easy to avoid unless you forget about it.

4. There's a rules you might have missed thread that lists some common ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.