Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok,

Today GD is official available in any store around the world, so we can start working together to the official expansion (in order to hopefully publish it in 2015), as you can easily imagine, we are working hard on it to improve any single aspect of the game.
The expansion has already a lot of contents under "work in progress" but we want to spend a couple of weeks in listening your wishes and ideas cause you are part of the GD AGENCY! cool

Any suggestion is appreciated and we can assure that we will carefully evaluate any idea.

Please use this syntax:

NAME:
CATEGORY: (ALIEN, AGENT, EVENT, RULE, ETC...)
DESCRIPTION:

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Agent Orange (Owen)
Category: Rules
General cover defense bonus. If the targets hex is partially obstructed the defender rolls one cover bonus die prior to rolling the characters defense dice. There are no other effects from the die roll i.e. lightening bolt effects abilities.

S/n: that's a house rule that I'm toying around with to add some more tactical feel to the game other than strategic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Treloar
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NAME: Jason (Agent Molerat)
CATEGORY: Campaign Rule/Content
DESCRIPTION: Some sort of randomized in between mission content for back at base somewhere along the lines of warhammer quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just excited that there is already an expansion being worked on!

NAME: Agent Kittenhoarder (Byron Campbell)
CATEGORY: Rule/Mission
DESCRIPTION: I would like to see the signal mechanic played with even more, as in Mission 2: New Hopes. I have not played all the missions yet, but based on what I have played, I think there's a lot you could do with the signals. Signals that bring out elite aliens, signals that give you new gear, signals that explode if they are too close to you when they are revealed, signals that cause teleport points to move, signals that do different things depending on when and how you reveal them. Maybe a new rule that if a signal is revealed during an agent's turn, that agent gets to roll one free red attack die against it, but if it is revealed during an alien turn, the alien gets to roll the free die, attacking the nearest agent!

CATEGORY: Weapons
DESCRIPTION: More improved and alien weapons for each class, and more generic ones! Devices that can replace your secondary weapon at the start of the mission, then when they run out of ammo, they are discarded, revealing your secondary weapon!

CATEGORY: Aliens
DESCRIPTION: Advance scouts who do not attack, but run away after they are revealed...if they are not killed before they get to {+} range, they are replaced by an elite alien!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm really enjoying this game so far...

NAME: Agent Diskhotep (Tyson B. Cram)
CATEGORY: Rules
DESCRIPTION: Several times while playing I have wound up with a bleeding agent engaged by 2-3 aliens with no way to help them (they cannot disengage with their single action alone, which means if the entire group of aliens cannot be taken out in one turn they are almost certainly doomed without any opportunity for rescue). I'd love to see some sort of "defend" action where a downed agent can be pulled free of an engagement by an adjacent agent making an evade roll, and dragged with them as they make their movement. Making it an evade roll keeps it from being a guarantee, but at least they have a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diskhotep wrote:
I'm really enjoying this game so far...

NAME: Agent Diskhotep (Tyson B. Cram)
DESCRIPTION: Several times while playing I have wound up with a bleeding agent engaged by 2-3 aliens with no way to help them (they cannot disengage with their single action alone, which means if the entire group of aliens cannot be taken out in one turn they are almost certainly doomed without any opportunity for rescue). I'd love to see some sort of "defend" action where a downed agent can be pulled free of an engagement by an adjacent agent making an evade roll, and dragged with them as they make their movement. Making it an evade roll keeps it from being a guarantee, but at least they have a chance.

Cool idea. I've had this experience a lot as well; it seems that the AI tends to like to "gang up" on one agent. Another option:

NAME: Agent Kittenhoarder and Agent Diskhotep
DESCRIPTION: A new "taunt" action that allows agents to force aliens to disengage with another agent, but the alien becomes engaged with the taunting agent and is immediately activated (this is in addition to the Close Encounters card that happens during the alien turn). Takes combat+action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:

Cool idea. I've had this experience a lot as well; it seems that the AI tends to like to "gang up" on one agent. Another option:

DESCRIPTION: A new "taunt" action that allows agents to force aliens to disengage with another agent, but the alien becomes engaged with the taunting agent and is immediately activated (this is in addition to the Close Encounters card that happens during the alien turn). Takes combat+action.

I like the idea of a taunt.

You guys made me think of another possible action, drag fallen comrade (combat+action) - drag comrade equal spaces to your movement and "drop" him in any adjacent hex at end of movement

The idea is that if you pull out a teammate you're pretty much sacrificing all of your actions for that round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thx for a great game, really enjoying it, trying to play 1/wk at my FLGS, we finished Mission #1 w/3 agents, #2 w/5 different agents, and #3 w/3 starting agents, now we'll do #5 w/5 agents, looks to be epic! We've just barely won each mission by the skin of our teeth and much luck. No deaths (yet) and only the Marine was bleeding out but he survived. I agree w/poster above who wants better chance to escape bleeding out condition. There is only one skill to that end (Die Hard, a great skill).

My suggestion based on the above limited play:

NAME: Agent JimZam Iridium
CATEGORY: ("ACTION" RULE)
DESCRIPTION: A typical Agent will have no more than around 12 "Actions" during a typical scenario. But when you consider how many times "Action" is used during the game, it would really be good to see future expansions with more "Action" opportunities.

As it is, you use "Action" (off the top of my head) to:

1) jump through window,
2) disengage,
3) unjam weapon,
4) move extra spaces,
5) Basic Tactic,
6) Advanced Tactic,
7) Skill,
8) search,
9) use Device, Grenade,
10) "special action" during Scenario.

Any others?

I've listed 10 "Actions" that could be used during a single turn! And yet each Agent will only have not much more than 10 "Actions" during an entire mission.

I realize this is one of the things that makes this game so difficult, but it would still be nice to be able to use some of these Skills and Tactics more often. I also realize that some of them are "Reactive" but not that many.

This is not a complaint, just a suggestion. Might we see future Agents who can use more than one "Action" during a turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: The Alien Consortium
Category: Expansion story / theme
Description: basically the alien council of allied races from Mass Effect, taking the fight against the enemy aliens back into space.
Unique Alien agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mato Sato
Germany
Plankstadt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Name: Galaxy Ball 3rd Team
Category: Galaxy Ball
Description: I started this weekend with Galaxy Ball and it was great. Would like to see at least one more Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agents,

Excellent start!

I can say that we are perfect "in tune", you will not be disappointed cause most of your request are already done! some other will be evaluated,
Please continue posting your ideas cause any single agent may helps to improve GD even more!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Psyonic
Category: Alien
Description:
At range x take control of an agent. Then (depending on color)
* Move him x away from the closest alien. or
* Attack a valid target (agent side) from his position. or
* Attack a valid target (agent side) from his position spending 1 ammo.

Name: Thief
Description:
At range x take one device from an agent

Name: Replicators
Description:
Range 0: Attack
Range 1: Put an egg token into its position, then move 1 area and attack
Range +: Put 2 Egg tokens into same era.
Eggs are replaced by replicators in the next stategy phase and are treated like creatures with one life before.

Name: Detonator
Range 0: Attack with 8 red dice and remove alien
Range +: Move 2 areas towards the closest agent

Name: Shadow
Description:
Range +: Move 1 area towards ???
Cannot be targeted at range 1 or above. If it reaches target era very bad stuff happens.

Name: Space Fungus
Description:
Range 0: Attack
Range +: Dp nothing
If doing damage place 6 new aliens of same type around the current attacker if hexe are empty.

Name: Evolver
Description:
Starts as green alien and is promoted one color each turn or each time does damage or each time invoking + rule.
Alternatively could be implemented like in the movie alien with several stages going from weak immovable eggs over the face suckers, chest busters, ...
Something like that would be extremnely cool, but would need quite some minis.

Name: Sticky Mine
Category: Alien Weapon
Description:
Attach to an agent. Can be attacked as a creature with x life. If not killed does high damage in the next status phase.

Name: Acid
Category: Alien Weapon
Description:
Attach to an agent. Until healed agent suffers 1 damage each status phase.

Name: Grenade Master
Category: Skill
Description: May use an area device without LOS to the target.

Name: Grapple
Category: Skill/Tactic (passive)
Description: Aliens at range 0 may not disengage from agent

Name: Mobile Defense
Category: Skill/Tactic
Description: Place or retrieve the mobile defense hex at range 0. Hex blocks LOS for aliens.

Name: Agent Wolfram
Category: Agent/Hulk
Description: Agent blocks LOS for aliens.

Name: Agent Quicksilver
Category: Agent/Hulk
Description: Ability - may take damage instead of agent in same era

Name: Tank
Category: Device/Ability
Description: Replace agent with tank miniature. Tank offers some additional defensive abilities

Name: Trike
Description: Replace agent with trike miniature. Offers some additional movement speed

Name: Scanner
Description: Agent gains 360° vision. (ignore human view)

Name: Pheromones
Description: Place a pheromone token at range 0 (with life 1). Aliens consider this token as most wounded agent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Ferreira
Brazil
flag msg tools
NAME: Downgrading agent actions
DESCRIPTION:
After playing a few missions, our agents a lot of times would seem to be more in need of another action instead of movement/Combat.

This seemed to become more and more important as the campaign progressed because of new tactics/more devices etc.

Also if no enemies were in sight and they had already used their action for some reason (like jumping through a window for example) they would sit there twiddling their thumbs when they could be searching a room instead.

For those reasons we have tried implementing a downgrading system to allow for more actions in a turn, similar to what D20 has implemented .

But to avoid allowing a double move and keep the tactical redeployment action still relevant we needed to disallow a downgrade from combat to movement.

So basically allowing agents to replace a combat action for an action, and replace a movement action for an action is what we came up with.

I know the developers mentioned increasing the leveling ranks in the future and maybe giving agents more actions/round, but I found this was a solution that offered more interesting agent options later in the campaign, and that has been implemented by the D20 system and derivatives for a while now.

(As I stated earlier allowing a downgrade from combat to movement might also make sense, but would make the tactical redeployment action useless, so our group avoided using it. But considering the massive movement advantage from aliens , this could be implemented in a future expansion to allow double move(hustling through the battlefield))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Alien ID markers
category: Add on.
Description: Punch outs numbers from 1 to 4 twice. Example Use the heart punch out. Replace heart art with Green Spine critter art on it. Player will put Green Spine Critter #1 on the first card and at the base of first spine critter. On drawing of second Green Spine Critter the #2 is place on second card and on second Spine critter base.

Currently I placing the 2 bullet marker on the second same alien card and base.

Or just some punch outs running 1 - 8 twice so a player can place on the card and base of alien.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More female agents, for those of us with daughters and a wife, female agents make the game easier to get to the table.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Heavy armor.

Power armor.

Heavy power armor.

Heavy robot power armor.

Just want an excuse for dudes in big bulky power armor to remind all those stinking aliens whose planet it is (or at least who's living here currently).

I like the idea of alien promotions too. That'd be nasty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large 3 hex sized enemy mini bosses.

- large challenging mini-bosses for climatic scenarios.
- Maybe Gestalt bosses, ie one large boss made of three normal hex miniatures that have to be destroyed individually like a large robot with separate weapon arms.

---------------------

Random scenario / mission generator! For those one off games or for extra replayability after completing the campaign.

- Generates a map of 1-3 tiles, with lay on terrain if rolled.
- Generates objectives for victory condition
- Allows use of any aliens you own in your collection! (especially awesome for Kickstarter backers)
- Create a different single one off game every time.

---------------------

Not necessarily helpful but MOAR OF EVERYTHING
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halo style vehicle use

Certain Aliens that can mount up on skimmers that increase their movement.

Two Agent Jeep or Trike with driver and gunner passenger seat - comes with its own gun that the passenger can fire.

Motorcycle for single agent that increases movement but only allows attacking with the secondary weapon while mounted.

-----------------

Combine the above with a Rollin' Road mechanic used in games like Spy Hunter.

- an empty map with lots of tile overlays, players and aliens spend their movement to keep up the pace (They don't move but at the end of the turn all the terrain and pieces that didn't keep up the pace are moved back 4 spaces down the road)
- A driver can use their Action as a "Floor it" action to move a couple of spaces.

Can be used for pursuit scenarios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yee
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Colonel Giles Vuaritch
CATEGORY: Human ENEMY
DESCRIPTION: Head of security for a multinational corporation used to capture technology/aliens to further profit growth for the "Company" regardless of who is in the way human or alien... looks kinda like that Colonel from Avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yee
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NAME: GD-Swarm
CATEGORY: Drone
DESCRIPTION: Agent controlled aerial swarm bots

NAME: GD-Pro Scout Drone
CATEGORY: Drone
DESCRIPTION: Provide bonus to attack that the drone has line of sight to both target and agent. (Cost: ACTION + [MOVEMENT or COMBAT] to move unit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironman2140 wrote:
coraaay wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:

I like the idea of a taunt.

You guys made me think of another possible action, drag fallen comrade (combat+action) - drag comrade equal spaces to your movement and "drop" him in any adjacent hex at end of movement

The idea is that if you pull out a teammate you're pretty much sacrificing all of your actions for that round

I like better the Taunt Action. Let's improve it.
TAUNT: Combat + Action
Roll a blue GD dice, on shield icon, you succeed to perform the Taunt. You activate one alien engaged to an agent by moving him one area towards you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NAME: GD Taser (*I can't think a better sci-fi name)
CATEGORY: Weapon
DESCRIPTION: A small improved weapon with range of 2 and uses GD red dice to damage the target and can paralyze him by 1 turn.
Bolt effect: Increases the duration of paralyze by 1 turn.

NAME: Grapher
CATEGORY: Weapon
DESCRIPTION: An improved weapon designed to fire the claw at range 1 to hold and damage the target by using GD red dice. On hit, the target cannot be activated unless it gets a hit icon of GD blue die.
Bolt effect of weapon: Move the target to a chosen adjacent area within LOS.

NAME: Houdini
CATEGORY: Agent
DESCRIPTION: New class (Trickster), this agent is capable to misguide the aliens by laying traps, decoys, taunting by moving them to another target and attack them on their backs dealing critical damages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:
Name: Pistol Whip
Category: Action(Action+Combat)
Description: While engaged, perform this action to roll a 3 blue dice melee attack.

This is to go with the "Close Fight" optional rule. Hopefully not too many of your agents without melee weapons are that close to the enemy, but Chromium for example is mid to front lines and he has 2 ranged weapons. This rule would just provide some option other than trying to disengage and run.

Unless I am mistaken you can still fire your ranged weapon at an enemy when in close fight. You just cannot fire at an enemy you are not engaged with if you are engaged. So the Action is pretty worthless unless you have 2 jammed waepons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Ferreira
Brazil
flag msg tools
Name: Field Medic
Category: Skill - Biotech
Receive one special medkit device that can be used 3 times during a mission. When using a medkit, {bolts} counts as {hits}.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Unless I am mistaken you can still fire your ranged weapon at an enemy when in close fight. You just cannot fire at an enemy you are not engaged with if you are engaged. So the Action is pretty worthless unless you have 2 jammed waepons.

You are correct; close fight just means you have to fight the alien(s) adjacent to the agent, but you can use ranged weapons to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.