United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
topic

or is it just a cute anagram for no good reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wondered about the name too. Can't be a coincidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember reading for Seasons that the name was definitely an anagram of Dixit, but only as a fun thing since both games were made by the same company.

I don't think the Seasons universe is supposed to exist inside Dixit or anything deeper than just a fun shout-out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sure didn't try to make the games feel independent from the look of the box. At a glance I would almost have thought it WAS Seasons. Artwork is exactly the same style and layout is nearly identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
AaronElWhite wrote:
They sure didn't try to make the games feel independent from the look of the box. At a glance I would almost have thought it WAS Seasons. Artwork is exactly the same style and layout is nearly identical.

Well, Lords of Xidit IS the same world as Seasons. Neither of them have any connection to Dixit though, other than as a funny world name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Seasons rulebook begins like this :

Quote:
The greatest sorcerers of the kingdom have gathered at the heart of the Argos forest, where the legendary tournament of the 12 seasons is taking place. At the end of the three year competition, the new Archmage of the kingdom of Xidit will be chosen from among the competitors.

And of course it refers to Dixit, since it's the same publisher, but otherwise I'm not sure Dixit has a real "universe" you could call so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.