Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played "Rescue My Daughter" tonight and came up with some rules questions we couldn't find the answer to...

1. When you disarm a trap, when is it removed? We assumed that it stayed on the tile until the refresh phase. If it's not until the refresh phase, do you get the Serendipity reward right away or when it is removed? (We played that you didn't get the removal or the Seren until refresh.)

2. If you fail to disarm a trap, can you try again as long as you still have MP?

3. Can you move, take a noncombat action or interact with an object, then continue to move or interact if you still have MP? (we played yes)

4. The description for the 6x6 tile on page 7 says "It always has one
Hunting Pack with a mximum of two." Assuming that is supposed to be 'maximum', this contradicts the rule that a Hunting Pack has a minimum size of three on page 10. Which is right?

5. If a Crawler gets a successful FD, its target is poisoned. Is this a DoT that does one damage per turn? Where does it explain this?

6. Blood of Gaia -- we played this that you rolled your normal attack dice, then did one damage to selected targets for each success you received. Is this right? If not, then why does the card give you additional dice if you haven't moved? If so, then why does the Deck Reference say "Heroes caught in the targeted area are damaged by this attack"? Why would you choose to hit the heroes? Or does this mean they are automatically hit?

7. Fool's Errand -- this makes a spot with Threat 5, but if the minion lists 'proximity' first, then they wouldn't go to that spot unless it was closer than any heroes, correct?

8. Carryover to next tile. Do you reshuffle the Hero Deck when you enter a new tile? Can you maintain Ongoing effects? Can you keep Arrows in your quiver? Does your threat reduce to zero? Do statuses get cleared?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When you disarm a trap, you remove it right away and gain the reward right away.

2. Yes, unless the trap says otherwise (look a Darkness Falls)

3. Yes

4. The maximum here is a maximum of 2 hunting packs (each of 3 to 8 minions).

5. They forgot it in the rules. Poison = 1 damage in each Refresh phase (step 3) until it's removed.

6. You roll your dice pool as usual (having collected all appropriate dice), and must assign die to each different TN in the zone, as usual. So more dice give you a better chance to hit, and a better chance to hit different TN. Also, I REALLY doubt that heroes should be affected by this attack (remember the document wasn't done by MegaCon). If heroes really could be damaged, than you'd have to assign a die to hit them... makes no sense IMO.

7. Yes

8. Don't shuffle your deck, keep drawing and discarding in each deck phase as usual. You can maintain ongoings if you want, but don't have to. You keep your arrows. Threat reduces to 0, and the AP track also resets to 0. You keep your statuses (poison keeps damaging you).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronan
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Threat and AP reduces to 0 only if current tile is clear. Because if player's threat is high and AP is close to trigger Darkness, they can move to a border to spawn another tile to reset the threat/AP =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ez3kiel wrote:
Threat and AP reduces to 0 only if current tile is clear. Because if player's threat is high and AP is close to trigger Darkness, they can move to a border to spawn another tile to reset the threat/AP =)

Indeed, my answer applies to what happens when you clear a tile, not really what happens when you add a new tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
6. You roll your dice pool as usual (having collected all appropriate dice), and must assign die to each different TN in the zone, as usual. So more dice give you a better chance to hit, and a better chance to hit different TN. Also, I REALLY doubt that heroes should be affected by this attack (remember the document wasn't done by MegaCon). If heroes really could be damaged, than you'd have to assign a die to hit them... makes no sense IMO.

Thanks for answering, Remi. I think this contradicts what people are saying about AoE attacks (Orion's Tears specifically) in this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1140169/archer-orions-tears-...

If their interpretation of Orion's Tears is correct, then I would say the same applies to Blood of Gaia: you roll your normal die pool, then whatever your highest number is either hits or misses everyone.

But that still would not explain how Heroes get hit, because they only have a TN for being hit by monsters.

(I'm not sure who is right, but I can't see why these two attacks would be different.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both cards should behave the same, and I think the conclusion to both threads are the same.
Roll you dice pool once, apply one die to each TN, no friendly fire.

Edit : tgete is a difference in behaviour between the cards because Orions Tears can target the same monster multiple times, but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
no friendly fire.

We need a reply from Brian on this, because the Deck Reference clearly states that Heroes are damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OT and BoG are very different in their effects since OT can hit the same enemy multiple times and BoG cannot. I was confused on that in my attempted explanation earlier. I'll defer to the wisdom of the others at this point.

I agree a Friendly Fire verdict is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
official answer from Brian :

Quote:

Other players/Heroes are not expecting an attack from an ally. They have no defense. There is no roll to hit. The Heroes takes damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is friendly fire in effect for the abilities below?

Blood of Gaia -Yes (Reference Sheet)
Glaciar's Grip - Yes (Reference Sheet)
The Mountain Crumbles - Yes (Reference Sheet)

Last Rites?
Fingers of Ia?
Harvest of Bones?
Riding the Edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy SlaughterField everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Pack
msg tools
RemiBureau wrote:
Both cards should behave the same, and I think the conclusion to both threads are the same.
Roll you dice pool once, apply one die to each TN, no friendly fire.

Edit : tgete is a difference in behaviour between the cards because Orions Tears can target the same monster multiple times, but that's it.

per the 2.0 rules, "each monster-type and rank requires one success" (page 9, Roll Dice Pool section -> Hit Dice subtitle, 3rd sentence)

so even though you have the same TN4 for stalkers and crawlers, you need separate successes to hit them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.