Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
During the end of the villain turn a new villain card comes into play, and that card has an "end of the villain turn" effect. Do I process that at the end of this end of turn phase, or does it not happen until the end of the next villain turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You resolve in the order they came into play so Villain first, then the villain cards revealed in the order of play. If there are four cards and the second card says to play a card at the end of the turn, you'll get to that card in order and execute its end of villain turn effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only effects that are delayed until next turn are the "at the start of the turn" since playing a card is in "the middle of the turn" if you will.

So "at the end of the turn" takes effect the same turn the card is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. We lost our first game very badly and this was the only rule that we thought we MIGHT have been playing wrong. It seemed a bit strong that the villain could summon a bunch of crew on her first turn, AND those crew all hit us on that same turn, before we get a turn at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:
since playing a card is in "the middle of the turn" if you will.
I am not referring to the card that is played in the middle of the turn. I am referring to an already-in-play card that says "At the end of the villain card, play a card from the villain deck", so that new card will get played when we are already in the middle of the end-of-turn processing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
Warpig72 wrote:
since playing a card is in "the middle of the turn" if you will.
I am not referring to the card that is played in the middle of the turn. I am referring to an already-in-play card that says "At the end of the villain card, play a card from the villain deck", so that new card will get played when we are already in the middle of the end-of-turn processing.

We understand what you are saying. I think Warpig's comment was just a little confusing. He's explaining that no, you were playing it correctly and you don't wait until the next turn before playing these new cards' end of turn effects. Since you should put the new cards you just played at the "end" of the row of cards in effect, then you would eventually reach them as you continued down the line in the current end of turn phase.

You would, however, not play their start of turn effects if they came into play during the end of turn phase (until the next start of turn phase).

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Unfortunately knowing we played correctly doesn't make me any more interested in playing again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
Yep. Unfortunately knowing we played correctly doesn't make me any more interested in playing again

Sounds like you played LaCapitain or Chairman. Neither of them are gonna be cakewalk games. Keep at it, don't let the bad guys win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely not recommend either of those for your first playthrough. Baron Blade, Omnitron, or Ambuscade are all easier choices. Omnitron can be be difficult or even impossible if the wrong cards come out at the wrong time though, although that's true to a certain extent with everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoote wrote:
sparr0 wrote:

Sounds like you played LaCapitain or Chairman. Neither of them are gonna be cakewalk games. Keep at it, don't let the bad guys win!

Yeah, if you always won, it would suck just as bad, IMO.

We're about 80% wins, but it seems we've always got at least a couple new players, so we've stuck with the easier villain/environment combos for the most part. Plus, playing with 5 seems to skew it slightly towards the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.