Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I attack a dug-in Japanese HQ or Artillery unit and the result is DR or DRIP. Does the unit go into the eliminated units cup or does it go onto the Japanese fire support track?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andrew
I would say on a DR or DRIP result, the artillery or HQ unit goes to the eliminated units cup for possible future replacement/redeployment.
While that's not clearly stated in the rules (seems a few things aren't), see 19.3, second sentence. "0" movement factor units can redeploy. The only "0" movement factor units in the game are artillery and two of the five HQ units.
Therefore, HQ and arty units only go to the fire support track after a (D) or De result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Derek, that makes sense to me. It just felt odd putting those units into the "Eliminated Units" cup when those units are meant to go onto the fire support track if they're eliminated. Maybe the cup should be called the redeployment or replacements cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
Maybe the cup should be called the redeployment or replacements cup.

Good call, bro
Henceforth, I will think of it as the "redeployment cup."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SingleHandedWarfare wrote:
game_boy wrote:
Maybe the cup should be called the redeployment or replacements cup.

Good call, bro
Henceforth, I will think of it as the "redeployment cup."

I see you called it that in your YouTube review! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
SingleHandedWarfare wrote:
Hey Andrew
I would say on a DR or DRIP result, the artillery or HQ unit goes to the eliminated units cup for possible future replacement/redeployment.
While that's not clearly stated in the rules (seems a few things aren't), see 19.3, second sentence. "0" movement factor units can redeploy. The only "0" movement factor units in the game are artillery and two of the five HQ units.
Therefore, HQ and arty units only go to the fire support track after a (D) or De result.

Rules says that "HQ and artillery may not be replaced" but also we can't check what we take from the cup so we can't put HQ and artillery into cup (because we might use it accidentally for replacement).

So only possible solution for redeploy is to use the "one counter in the cup" option (this way HQ or Artillery would always be somewhere on the map).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Rules says that "HQ and artillery may not be replaced"

You're right, it's rule 19.4. It would be good to get an official ruling on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Cummins
msg tools
IWO ERRATA as of 2015.11.16 (bold for the question in this thread)

13.0 Modifications to Standard Rules
(clarification) During the Mobile Movement phase of a storm turn, all MA are reduced to 1.

16.3 Bombardment Resolution
(clarification) Attacker losses on D2 and D3 results are not affected.

19.4 Replacements
(modification) The last sentence of the rule should read: HQ and artillery units on the Japanese Fire Support Track may not be replaced.

(clarification) HQ and Artillery units forced to redeploy (DR or DRIP results) go into eliminated units container per 20.3 and may be redeployed (20.3) or replaced (19.4 & 19.5) from those units. If eliminated, they are placed on the Japanese Fire Support Track per 21.1 and are out of the game.

20.2 Combat Results for Dug-In Defenders
(correction) The second listing for a "D2" result should be "D3."

21.1 Fire Support Availability
(clarification) AT and AA units are not artillery units for bombardment and replacement purposes.

21.2 Bombardment Targeting
(correction) The word "determining" should be "determine."

(correction) In paragraph 1), the hex number should be 2915 (2914, 2913, 2815, 2814, etc.)

(correction) in paragraph 2), the hex number should be 0213.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.