Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Coloretto» Forums » Reviews

Subject: The Purge: # 310 Colour Match-Ups: Another thought less Child's game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2252806#item22...

Conclusion:

This is a terrible game. Purge. You basically roll the die and match what the tile color should be. The implementation is terrible and there are so many better games dealing with color recognition.

This is one of those cheap-o "games" in a box. Do not be fooled.

Components:

The components are even subpar for a children's game. You get a board with squares of different colors and some tiles with holes in the pictures on it. They are okay thickness. They will last as I doubt this is a game your kids will play much.

Rule Book:

The rule book is black and white, but includes some pictures. The rules are easy to follow. It includes some variants, but I can't imagine why.

Flow of the Game:

The game is easy yet hard to play. You roll a dice which has different colors on it. Each person finds a picture with a missing color on that matches which color was rolled on the dice. Ex: Green was rolled. A tile with a turtle missing the shell (which would be green). If you roll a star, you can put any card on the board. Yea!

There are clues to which color is right, but some do not have a correct answer. The book admits this and calls them jokers. I call it confusing.

First one to get rid of all their cards wins. Sigh.

There are some variants to play the game like dominoes, but why would anyone do this?

There is a lottery version where you roll the dice and everyone shares the same tiles. shake

And in case you (or your kids) have zero friends, there is a solitaire version. Please shoot me. Who would play this game by themselves?

Should I buy this Game?:

No. This is a minimum of a children's game. I hardly call it much of a game even.

You can do much better for your kids. This reminds me of a bad game your teacher had in elementary school or your doctors office had.

Purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this in the review section and I thought, What! Coloretto, a thought less Child's game?? Have to have a look at this review as I think it's a great game. Clicked in, and saw (thankfully really) that it wasn't the Coloretto (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782/coloretto) I thought it was going to be. Phew!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mischip wrote:
I saw this in the review section and I thought, What! Coloretto, a thought less Child's game?? Have to have a look at this review as I think it's a great game. Clicked in, and saw (thankfully really) that it wasn't the Coloretto (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782/coloretto) I thought it was going to be. Phew!!!!

Ha Ha. Yeah, this is a tad different. This is not really even a game whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.