Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Just curious when I'm supposed to add the Elite/Level III units come into the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the night/day after which you've revealed the first core tile.

Edit: and remember to (at that time) alternate the display, starting with a Gold unit.

Edit 2: When I refer to "core" tile, I mean the tan ones. I don't have the manual in front of me, so I may have the terminology off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general rule is on page 4, under “One Round of the Game (Day or Night)”, item 2c:

Quote:
• If at least one Core tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Units. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)

An exception is given for the Conquer and Hold scenario, page 19:

Quote:
• Deal Regular (silver) Units only during the first half of the game. Deal both Regular and Elite Units during the second half (from Round 3 in a four player game, or from Round 4 in a three player game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Very common question. Covered in the FAQ. Suggest you have a look at that, as its got lots of other useful bits of information in it.
http://wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
referring to your thread title:
elite units are not only level 3 units. They also already contain level 4 units. Just in case you've overseen this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Yeah I totally missed that Mark. Thanks guys, you've been really helpful (especially the errata! ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.