Subject: Basic Tactics question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
One of the Basic Tactics reads "Reaction: Heal 1 Wound or Body Condition".

When does this reaction trigger? When damage is dealt? When defense dice are rolled? At the start of the Agent's turn? During refresh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agents,

Any Reaction power can be activated in any moment (outside of the agent’s turn); it does not need an Action.

This tactic is really useful to raise up your agent from the Bleeding status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Chan
msg tools
I still don't get it.

I understand that "reaction " ability doesn't cost an action to work, can can be even triggered in Alien's turn, BUT what is the condition to trigger this "reaction"?? being taken damage? or i can use it every turn without spending an action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trigger is "because I want to use it". As long as it doesn't interrupt a combat, you can use the tactic. Once a tactic is used, you flip it face down until something in the game tells you to refresh it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Galaxy Defenders, "reaction" as a keyword does not mean something specific has to happen before you can trigger it. It's instead used to distinguish between "actions" that use your Action and "reactions" that are freebies (thematically the agents are reacting at a moment's notice; like a spike of adrenaline that allows them to do something they normally would be unable to accomplish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Chan
msg tools
Thanks for quick answering laugh

that brings another question about numbers of skill/device per use.

Can i use one "reaction" + use of device/skill which cost me an action in the same turn?

I understand that any skill/tactics/ device once used are either flipped or discarded depends on its description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larry999 wrote:
Can i use one "reaction" + use of device/skill which cost me an action in the same turn?

A reaction will typically be used outside of your turn (though a reaction which adds DEF dice could be used on your own turn if you take damage during your turn, e.g. a Spine Critter explodes), whereas an action is (invariably, if i'm not mistaken) used in your own turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larry999 wrote:

Yes, you can do this. Basically, you can use however many Reaction skills/tactics you have available to you on a turn, but still have your Action to spend on something else (whether that's a skill/tactic, unjamming your weapon, or whatever else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.