Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just to confirm...

Although people have briefly mentioned it, no one seems to have specifically said: the 6 coasters that come in the box aren't part of the game at all, are they? They're just a weird bonus that the makers added in?

Also, ignoring the coasters and the rules, the box is a double-deck size and the insert has two deck places ... yet one of them came empty - there was only one deck the set arrived with. Was my box missing half of its contents, or is the second deck place for some future expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedh
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
Hey, just to confirm...

Although people have briefly mentioned it, no one seems to have specifically said: the 6 coasters that come in the box aren't part of the game at all, are they? They're just a weird bonus that the makers added in?

Yes, it's a just a bonus. Unless someone comes with a variant set of rules including the coasters.

Quote:
Also, ignoring the coasters and the rules, the box is a double-deck size and the insert has two deck places ... yet one of them came empty - there was only one deck the set arrived with. Was my box missing half of its contents, or is the second deck place for some future expansion?

Only one set of cards (11 cards in 6 colors). I guess the second part of the insert only allows the coasters to fit in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the box was designed this way so it can accommodate two decks for other games in the series that require it and the coasters are just a cheap non-sequitur space filler for those that don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
Hey, just to confirm...

LOL. The coasters and the insert both confused me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy of this game.

It didn't have the coasters, but it had a score pad instead.

Me thinks they changed the "extra" content between printings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:

Everytime a game comes out with an insert for cards, people complain the insert doesn't allow enough room for sleeved cards.

Everytime a game comes with an insert big enough for sleeved cards, people are confused as to why there's so much empty room in the boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Everytime a game comes with an insert big enough for sleeved cards, people are confused as to why there's so much empty room in the boxes.

Do sleeves double the size of cards? Do we need to halve the deck of cards to fit them in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter B
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Just got my copy of this game.

It didn't have the coasters, but it had a score pad instead.

Me thinks they changed the "extra" content between printings.

Got my copy today, no coasters.. Was kind of expecting to see the coasters. I'm a bit disappointed. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Slager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. I have my cards sleeved and they take up both slots in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.