Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We have created this rule cause after the beta-test period, we have seen that some players find more easy having the control of "same aliens", especially when they have some special powers, for example the Xeno-Alpha with leader ability, in addition, this rule make the game smooth and faster cause you don't need to remember which of the two is "your" alien, cause are both assigned to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the first time I played the game, I had missed that part of alien assignment and during the game, the "which one is controlled by whom?" question came up enough that we just decided on our own that one player would control all of one type of alien, meaning species and rank. So one player would control all xeno-beta green and another different player would control all xeno-beta blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:
Sounds good. Our group actually found it easier for 2 different people to remember which blue Spine Critter was theirs rather than one person remembering which card belonged to which Critter. And there's less of a chance that someone is chilling without an alien to control. Just personal preference for our group. Thanks guys!

Hey Corey, have you considered putting enemy wounds and spent armour actually on, or beside, the figure (not on the card)? This seems to answer your problem, and actually makes the board situation more visible to all players IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it a go Corey. I started playing with the damage on the card, but one of my co-players just started putting damage on the aliens and it worked so well I'm a convert. But you're right that this idea is independent of whether you keep the enemies assigned by type in pairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have multiple of the same alien and having trouble keeping which is which. I place a bullet or heart on the card and on the base of the alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Give it a go Corey. I started playing with the damage on the card, but one of my co-players just started putting damage on the aliens and it worked so well I'm a convert. But you're right that this idea is independent of whether you keep the enemies assigned by type in pairs.

I've been doing this, but only once I have two copies of a given alien on the field. That seems to be a decent compromise between clutter and making it explicit which alien is which.

Love the idea of a single identifying token, though. I might try that next time I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
i've thought about, but haven't done, putting a "I" and a "II" on each alien and card in some way that won't really damage the look of either. Say what you will about level 7 escape but the fact that all the enemies are numbered really helps out during battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have stuck a 8mm purple coloured dot sticker on the base of every 2nd Alien of the same type. I then have a small token (used some excess shield tokens from Star Wars X-wing) with another purple dot on them. We just place one of those tokens on the 2nd Alien card to identify that card is the Alien with the purple dot.

Makes it a lot easier to keep track of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!
The two incoming GD Expansions will use a similar method... with one or two light marks on alien cards and figures.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have painted the base of identical aliens in different colors and painted a dot of the same color on the sleeved card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.