Subject: [Store Championship] Draft (4th place) at Uncles, Bellevue, WA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: draft [+] [View All]
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our local FLGS decided to have the store championship be a draft event, after some debate. I found out on Wednesday and did a hurried 2-man practice draft on Thursday and Friday.

From those few practice games, I concluded that (a) playing to 6 points and (b) being stuck with a pile of Priority Requisitions in your deck meant that Captain Variance would often strike you down with a furious anger if you didn't draft agendas pretty hard. In retrospect, I overstated that importance, although 3/2 agendas are very strong and even effectively blank ones (like Beta Test or Braintrust) should be high picks.

Sadly, I am just not very good at drafting. When I stopped playing Magic, draft was just really taking off, so I just never got in the number of drafts that today's players in that game do.

We ended up with 3 pods of 8. I expected more players given it was the first draft event in the Seattle area, but still, 24 isn't too bad. We drafted corp first then runner. Format was 3 rounds of swiss, then top 2 from each pod and top 2 on some other metric from all 3 pods re-draft in a top 8 pod.

I think I'd do 4 rounds of swiss for this format. Netrunner has a ton of draws compared with Magic. It does mean that the top 8 will be even more exhausted though.

I apologise in advance for the inevitable errors in this report. I didn't take notes so this is all from memory.

One of the other pods had a bunch of excellent players I already knew but looking around in my pod, I only recognised Don Unger. No one from the people I normally play with.

Draft 1 Corp Deck

Agenda (9)
4x False Lead (A Study in Static)
1x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
1x Posted Bounty (Core Set)
1x Private Security Force (Core Set)
2x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (7)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set) ••
1x Dedicated Server (A Study in Static) ••
2x Encryption Protocol (Trace Amount) ••
1x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow) •••
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (2)
1x Hokusai Grid (Humanity's Shadow) ••
1x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) •••

Operation (4)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
1x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••

Barrier (4)
1x Ice Wall (Core Set)
1x TMI (What Lies Ahead)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (2)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (6)
1x Archer (Core Set)
1x Data Raven (Core Set) ••
1x Hunter (Core Set)
1x Neural Katana (Core Set) ••
2x Rototurret (Core Set) ••

-- 34 cards

Draft 1 Corp Sideboard

Agenda (1)
1x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)

Asset (3)
1x Dedicated Response Team (Future Proof) •••
1x Edge of World (Cyber Exodus)
1x Security Subcontract (Core Set)

Code Gate (1)
1x Sensei (Trace Amount)

Sentry (2)
1x Data Hound (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Burke Bugs (Future Proof)
-- 7 cards (1 missing, must have wandered off somewhere)

I regarded this as a pretty weak draft and was not happy with it at all. The good points were picking up enough agendas to banish the hated Pri Req and 2 fast advance including SanSan. However, only 12 ice including some weak pieces like TMI and Hunter was pretty bad. Not much money, either. The power level of the cards I was seeing was generally lowish so I hoped that at least other people in the pod would have weak corps too.
Taxing the runner was the main plan. I did have a hint of a tag/bag theme but I didn't feel like it was great. I didn't have enough punishment or tagging for it to work. I could have run Edge of World in an attempt to make Scorch live more but I figured it wasn't worth the effort. I'd rather hope they make a mistake and take a tag from Hunter on click 2, letting me False Lead them to death, or something similar.
I could have run Fetal, but wasn't sure what to cut for it. I wanted the 1 point agendas to feed to Archer, 3/2s are always going to be good and PSF helped with the T&B plan.
Security Subcontract is often actually decent, but I had nowhere enough ice for that to work. Similarly, Sensei needs a lot of friends before he is happy. I don't like DRT even in constructed, and I didn't think it was going to be worth the slot with only Data Raven, SEA Source and Hunter as tag sources.

I was surprised to pick up Tollbooth as a fairly late pick. I think the first one was a 2nd pick for me. Tollbooth is obviously very strong, trumped only by Femme. It costs 9 (!) for Crypsis to break it and 7 for Gordian. There are a decent number of Femmes - I think it's either common or uncommon, and it is still an excellent card, probably the best sentry breaker - but the runner has to pay the full face cost. When you can't cheat it out with Test Run, 9 is a ton when you've been feeding credits into the bottomless maw that is Crypsis.

Draft 1 Runner Deck

Event (11)
1x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) ••
3x Infiltration (Core Set)
5x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Tinkering (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••••

Hardware (4)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set) •••
1x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static) ••

Resource (6)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
1x Crash Space (Core Set) ••
1x Ice Carver (Core Set) •••
1x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (5)
2x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set)

Program (2)
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead) •••
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set)

-- 30 cards

Draft 1 Runner Sideboard

Event (2)
1x Networking (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Surge (Humanity's Shadow)

Hardware (1)
1x Grimoire (Core Set) ••

Resource (8)
3x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
5x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (2)
1x Peacock (What Lies Ahead) ••
1x Wyrm (Core Set) ••

Program (1)
1x Deep Thought (Future Proof)

-- 14 cards

Now we're talking! I find it unlikely I'll draft a stronger runner deck than this in future. Opus, 5 Sure Gambles (!!?!), with 3 Infiltrations to help me not lose to traps and Vamps to punish the credit advantage? Yes please. I was taking Sure Gamble on something like 5th pick. Opus was a first pick in pack 1. I was pretty sure it would be one of the strongest cards in the format, as I have often run Crypsis + Opus setups in constructed.
I was also happy to grab an Imp and a Scrubber, since it was very likely every opponent would have PAD Campaigns. 2 Gordians were solid picks but less exciting than you might think, as there turned out to be not that many code gates in the format.
Crash Space turned out to be solid, removing tags from Vamp, Hunter, etc.
The mound of Underworld Contacts was because I was scooping them up as 6th, 7th and 8th picks in case I could force enough good link cards through to make them worth it. Turned out no, didn't happen, but my deck was better than that one anyway.

Round 1, Yuri. I was corp first.

Yuri seemed like a nice guy. I think I have probably played a lot more Netrunner than him. Kept a 2 ice, 2 agenda, Encryption hand. Drew agenda. Ice, Ice, Encryption. Yuri played an Imp (le sigh) and ran the Protocol. He decided not to trash it and did stuff. I immediately cleared counters on turn 2 since my main plan was to tax the runner as hard as possible.

I then proceeded to play a PAD and drew straight agendas. At one point, my hand was Government Contracts, Private Security Force, Braintrust, Braintrust, False Lead and then I drew Scorched Earth. I still only had 2 ice. I was pretty sure at this point that I was sunk.

Sure enough, I wriggled around a bit, threw some agendas into Archives and hoped for the best. Eventually Yuri rather unsportingly managed to avoid hitting my (live from False Lead) Archer and ran my HQ, scoring Contracts for game. I was still thinking I was playing to 7, having totally forgotten all those rules nonsense in the heat of battle, although I should have been well aware that you play to 6. The TO helpfully pointed out that the game was over.

Runner game: played Opus and Crypsis and won essentially via credit advantage, I think. Bit hazy there. I tend to remember losses much better than wins and I didn't take notes. I do remember thinking that Doppleganger triggered on every run, not every successful run. I hadn't played with Doppleganger before and it was actually really good.

Round 2, Don. Don is a good player, but he got swept last round and said he hadn't done much drafting before.

Corp game: I think the key here was that he ran R&D turn 1 into a Hokusai Grid and I got extremely lucky and hit the Crypsis out of his hand. That slowed him down a lot, I taxed the living hell out of him and eventually managed to force a win via Scorch + PSF after his Hail Mary R&D run where he took a tag from Hunter.

Runner game: double Vamp and a ton of cash = win. I hit a 3 point Edge of World in the early to mid game when I was playing around Snare. Brain damage is annoying but nowhere near as scary as a lot of people seem to think.

Round 3, don't remember name because my memory is full of (apparently) more important things like Netrunner card text.

I honestly don't remember the games very well. He was a strong player. Both games were close but in the end runners won both sides.

I didn't expect to make top 8 with a 4-2 result and both losses being corp, but apparently that was enough. Re-draft for top 8. Everyone was pretty damn tired at this point. It was about 7pm and the tournament started at 12:30 or so.

Top 8 Runner Draft Deck

Event (6)
1x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Easy Mark (Core Set)
1x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker's Eye (Core Set)
1x Tinkering (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••

Hardware (4)
1x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set) ••••
1x The Personal Touch (Core Set)

Resource (7)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
1x Decoy (Core Set) ••
2x Liberated Account (Trace Amount) ••••

Icebreaker (8)
2x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••
2x Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) ••••• •••
1x Ninja (Core Set) ••

Program (5)
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set) •••
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set) •••

-- 30 cards

Top 8 Runner Draft Sideboard

Event (1)
1x Notoriety (Trace Amount)

Hardware (5)
1x Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus)
1x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static) ••
1x Rabbit Hole (Core Set)
2x Replicator (Humanity's Shadow)

Resource (3)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set) ••
1x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
1x Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow) ••

Icebreaker (2)
1x Creeper (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Program (3)
3x Deep Thought (Future Proof)

-- 14 cards

Pickings were unsurprisingly slimmer than in the first draft, and this deck is nowhere near as good. However, I think it's still a very good runner deck. Medium and Makers Eye are two of the multi-access cards in the format. There really aren't many - I think Nerve Agent might be the only other one? Also, Opus straight up shouldn't be in this format. I first picked it again. Sneakdoor is solid. I ran both Grimoires but not Doppleganger this time because I knew MU would be an issue between Morning Star, Sneakdoor and Opus all taking 2 MU each. Ninja ended up not being great without his best buddy Datasucker, but Morning Star was surprisingly good, much better than I expected. He laughs in the face of Eli and trumps a bunch of fairly common stuff that's normally a big money sink for Crypsis like Wall of Static.

I don't like running Xanadu unless you have a really solid denial plan with a bunch of Emergency Shutdown / Crescentus / etc. It's ok in general but I think the slot can be better spent unless you're desperate for something that just doesn't look like a coaster.

Top 8 Corp Draft Deck

Agenda (6)
2x Corporate War (Future Proof)
1x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Private Security Force (Core Set)

Asset (8)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set) ••
1x Dedicated Server (A Study in Static)
1x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow) •••
1x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
1x Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus)
1x Security Subcontract (Core Set)

Operation (1)
1x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (3)
1x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set) ••
1x Ice Wall (Core Set)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
1x Chum (Core Set)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) ••
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••

Sentry (12)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••••
2x Data Raven (Core Set) ••••
1x Dracō (What Lies Ahead)
1x Flare (Future Proof) •••
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set) ••
1x Neural Katana (Core Set)
2x Rototurret (Core Set) ••
2x Uroboros (A Study in Static) ••••

-- 34 cards

Top 8 Corp Draft Sideboard

Agenda (2)
2x Posted Bounty (Core Set)

Asset (2)
1x Ghost Branch (Core Set)
1x Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core Set)

Upgrade (1)
1x Midori (Future Proof) •••

Operation (1)
1x Neural EMP (Core Set) ••

Sentry (4)
1x Data Hound (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Flare (Future Proof) ••••• •
1x Woodcutter (Cyber Exodus)

-- 10 cards

Once again my Corp deck is not as exciting. I am not sure whether that's just the picks I was seeing, or whether I'm better at drafting Runner, or what. But anyway. This time I decided to embrace variance and high pick ice instead of agenda. As a result, I got a ton of ice and 2 Priority Req in my deck. The big mistake I made was not to pick up fast advance. I think I saw 1 Biotic and took a good piece of ice over it. I could stabilize, but that's not enough - often the runner can just sit there on a bunch of money and wait for you to install in a remote.

Quarter-finals.

I was seed 8, so my opponent 6-0'd the Swiss and was seed 1. He was a very good player and both games were excellent, although I think we both made a lot of mistakes due to tiredness.

Corp game. He stole a mid-game Nisei via Inside Job on a 3-deep remote, but the key play here was that he ran through a remote to an advanced install in the late game and I didn't rez the ice. He figured it was a trap and jacked out and I scored the PSF next turn. Luckily my poker face just looks like my extremely stressed face, because I'm always stressed in a tournament no matter how it's going. With PSF live I was in a much better situation since my Data Raven was now extremely relevant.

Sidenote: Inside Job is very, very strong in this format and I would first pick it over almost anything except Opus or maybe Medium. Crypsis is very expensive and will usually cost much more time + money to break than the measly 2 for Inside Job.

I think he was expecting to beat me and he looked really worried. Honestly, I expected to lose because I didn't think much of my corp deck.

Turned out he drafted Opus too but it was his second-to-last card.

Runner game. Karmic justice decreed that my Opus was the last card in my deck, so I didn't see it till it didn't matter. I don't really remember much about this game except that I managed to win. My brain was non-functional and my play was probably horrendous.

Semi-finals.

This was the guy I drew against in the Swiss. I ran first. I think he may well have won this game if he was less tired. He scored 2 Nisei Mk IIs behind an Oversighted Hadrians before I could Parasite + Morning Star to get rid of it. The Morning Star was a surprise, so I think I scored an agenda there. He had an Eli guarding R&D and Morning Star just smashed through it.

Sidenote: Oversight AI seems common enough for you to be able to draft a huge-ice + Oversight deck. I am not sure how good it is even if other people aren't fighting you for it, but it's definitely a thing.

The biggest issue I had here was that I couldn't find Grimoire quickly and I played Opus early, so once I had committed to Morning Star I had no MU spare and really, really didn't want to trash either. Sneakdoor hit HQ until he covered Archives with a Caduceus. I think I overwrote the Sneakdoor to play Morning Star.

The key play of the game was that I Vamped him down to zero and then played Makers Eye. He let it go through and I scored enough off the top of R&D to win. He had forgotten about the Nisei counters.
I think everyone does that at some point, but it hurts every time.

Corp game. This came down to an endgame of him camping on a bunch of money and capitalizing on me having no fast advance. Flare locked him out of R&D, he Femmed it but I had Chum in hand and made it live again.

I ended the game with a desperation play, calculating that he was only going to be in a better situation in future turns (turned out to be right) and I was running out of time before I got decked. I got hit with Inside Job again but this time I had prepared with an Ice Wall outside the Tollbooth. He had just enough to get through, taking a Katana to the face in the process. He accessed, praying it wasn't a Junebug, and that was game. I only had 2 points scored to his 4 in the first game, so he went to the finals.

One interesting thing from the draft experience overall was that there are definitely recognizable deck archetypes, just like in Magic draft. They include but are not limited to:

Tag + Bag (key cards: Data Raven, Scorched Earth, Bernice Mai, SEA Source, Closed Accounts)
Oversight + Big Ice (key cards: Oversight AI, Janus 1.0, Tollbooth, Hadrian's Wall)
Tax The Runner (key cards: Encrypted Protocols, Private Contracts, Eve Campaign, trace ice in general)
Net Traps (key cards: Snare, Neural EMP, Fetal AI, Ronin, Scorched Earth)
Link Runner (key cards: Toolbox, Underworld Contacts, Dyson Mem Chip, Aesop's Pawnshop)
Opus Is Broken (key cards: Opus + 2x Crypsis + 27 other cards)

Considering this was the first Netrunner draft, I think the organization worked out pretty smoothly. There were some production issues where some draft packs had 6 extra cards which then materialized in other packs, but it wasn't a big deal. The only issue was that they let people think too long in the first draft, so it took 2+ hours. In the top 8 we drafted much faster, which was nice. Kudos to the Uncles staff. But, most of all to Kody for selflessly volunteering to be TO. You are obviously crazy to sign up for that, but I am extremely grateful.

In conclusion and just to hammer the point home one more time, draft Opus and then you win a lot. I think that's really the lesson learned here. I would say by my standards my play was ok but not great, especially in the top 8, so I don't think that was why I did well. Opus is too good for the format since the games tend to go really long if the corp is going to win. They are highly unlikely to have enough fast advance to close the game out really quickly and Crypsis can punch through pretty much anything given enough money. Watch out for traps! They are definitely a thing and a very scary thing at that given that people will double advance to score Priority Req.

Overall, variance via Priority Req and playing to 6 was not nearly as big an issue as I feared it would be, which was great. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

tl;dr: Netrunner draft is a lot of fun and you should do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolenka
msg tools
Clamatius wrote:

I was also happy to grab an Imp and a Scrubber, since it was very likely every opponent would have PAD Campaigns. 2 Gordians were solid picks but less exciting than you might think, as there turned out to be not that many code gates in the format.

It was odd, I don't think I ever had to play my PADs as Corp, nor did I see anyone rez one. Melange was the key engine for most decks. In my case, I managed to grab enough Hedge Funds + Archived Memories to make an economy engine out of it. Not quite as efficient as Melange, IMO, but 2 cards at least would let me burst for 8 credits in 3 clicks. And usually after a burst or two, I could start pushing scores through.

Totally agree that you do need to draft agendas though. Playing the always-advance game is tougher in this format (but possible), and the utility of other agendas is overall better in this format. Pri Req isn't terrible, but I'd probably only run 2 in a big ice deck if I had a choice.

Clamatius wrote:

Runner game: double Vamp and a ton of cash = win. I hit a 3 point Edge of World in the early to mid game when I was playing around Snare. Brain damage is annoying but nowhere near as scary as a lot of people seem to think.

I agree. There isn't quite enough teeth behind brain damage in this format to turn it into a problem. The net damage ICE is actually scarier to me, as it will eat away a chunk of your hand if you face plant into it, and in this format, it feels like the tempo hit of a Snare or Neural Katana is bigger than constructed due to the smaller decks, and the difficulty of getting a solid 3x of strong cards.

Clamatius wrote:

This was the guy I drew against in the Swiss. I ran first. I think he may well have won this game if he was less tired. He scored 2 Nisei Mk IIs behind an Oversighted Hadrians before I could Parasite + Morning Star to get rid of it. The Morning Star was a surprise, so I think I scored an agenda there. He had an Eli guarding R&D and Morning Star just smashed through it.

Sidenote: Oversight AI seems common enough for you to be able to draft a huge-ice + Oversight deck. I am not sure how good it is even if other people aren't fighting you for it, but it's definitely a thing.

I went with a big ice deck, and even though Veen got most of the Oversights in the pool, and I never actually drew mine, it was more viable than I expected. First round I was just too much in a rush to score before my opponent started dropping breakers (and my brain was already rebelling by telling me Chimera de-rezed at the end of the run). Had I been a tad more patient, and a bit smarter about the ICE I had on the remote, I felt like I could have at least done a corp split against him. This despite drafting some questionable cards like Edge of World. It had no real issues winning the next two rounds, but my runner performance locked me out of the top 8.

I picked up my play in the later rounds, but making the mistakes I did against a player in Veen's circle was embarrassing to say the least.

Clamatius wrote:

One interesting thing from the draft experience overall was that there are definitely recognizable deck archetypes, just like in Magic draft. They include but are not limited to:

Tag + Bag (key cards: Data Raven, Scorched Earth, Bernice Mai, SEA Source, Closed Accounts)
Oversight + Big Ice (key cards: Oversight AI, Janus 1.0, Tollbooth, Hadrian's Wall)
Tax The Runner (key cards: Encrypted Protocols, Private Contracts, Eve Campaign, trace ice in general)
Net Traps (key cards: Snare, Neural EMP, Fetal AI, Ronin, Scorched Earth)
Link Runner (key cards: Toolbox, Underworld Contacts, Dyson Mem Chip, Aesop's Pawnshop)
Opus Is Broken (key cards: Opus + 2x Crypsis + 27 other cards)

This sounds about right. Wall of Thorns is probably a decent pick in Oversight as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agree on Wall of Thorns for the Oversight archetype. As for the Melange, it probably depends on your pod and pack variance. I saw a total of 1 in both drafts that I could draft, which I did. I think one opponent rezzed one and that was it.

Overall, the power level of a given pack seemed extremely variable. In some packs there were several first-pick candidates (do you take Inside Job, Femme, Sure Gamble, Gordian or Makers Eye?) but in others the best you could do was a Liberated Account or something around that power level.

The net damage point is interesting. I think you're absolutely right, the damage was the key point that hurt rather than the brain aspect. Losing your one and only Femme to a Katana is really painful when you likely have no recursion and your backup plan is Crypsis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolenka
msg tools
Clamatius wrote:
Agree on Wall of Thorns for the Oversight archetype. As for the Melange, it probably depends on your pod and pack variance. I saw a total of 1 in both drafts that I could draft, which I did. I think one opponent rezzed one and that was it.

Overall, the power level of a given pack seemed extremely variable. In some packs there were several first-pick candidates (do you take Inside Job, Femme, Sure Gamble, Gordian or Makers Eye?) but in others the best you could do was a Liberated Account or something around that power level.

The net damage point is interesting. I think you're absolutely right, the damage was the key point that hurt rather than the brain aspect. Losing your one and only Femme to a Katana is really painful when you likely have no recursion and your backup plan is Crypsis.

Melange on the corp side seems to be pretty high on the pick list, so you won't see it passed to you often unless there's a reason to pick something over it in that booster.

And I agree that the packs were pretty variable, but that's the nature of draft. There is an element of luck when it comes to getting access to certain cards, and you need to work around it. That is where drafting skill and knowledge of the card pool come into play. But it feels less variable than MtG drafting. It could have been the folks in my Pod too though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hall

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, I think the most vital cards in draft are 3/2 agendas. Not because any overly powerful agendas are available, but because they are the easiest to score.

Also for reference, I was Mike's top 8 opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tend to agree on the 3/2 agenda point, but I'm not 100% that they are always the best pick. If you already have a semi-decent agenda pick but no economy, I'd take a good economy card over another 3/2. OTOH, if I already have a Biotic/SanSan or two, I am going to take whatever 3/2 I see.

The other reason that 3/2s are good is that they aren't worth 3 points. A random access from HQ or R&D for 3 points is absolutely devastating when you're playing to 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Spiekerman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the official answer anywhere.

How many agenda points do you need in your corp decks in draft format?

Clamatius appears to have 13 points, but I've seen other lists with 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Should be 14 or 15 for 30 to 34 cards. My decklist must be off a card somewhere, I'll have to take a look.

edit: ah, yeah, there are a couple of erroneous cards. I had 4 False Leads and Burke Bugs was in the sideboard, so it's 14 points. There's one (probably terrible) card missing from the sideboard, not sure where that went. I got a bit confused when entering the decklists, mostly because I was doing it through netrunnerdb and it can't cope with having agendas from different factions or more than 3 cards. I'll go fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clamatius wrote:
I got a bit confused when entering the decklists, mostly because I was doing it through netrunnerdb and it can't cope with having agendas from different factions or more than 3 cards. I'll go fix it.

NetrunnerDB can't cope with more than 3 copies of a card, true. But you should be able to use agendas from different factions if your identity is "The Shadow". Did you do it before Tuesday? Because it was fixed Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I did it last Sunday.

Thanks for your hard work on NetrunnerDB! I use it a lot, it's awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Data Leak Reversal seems like it would be crazy good in a format with small decks and big 3 point agendas to hit, and people running random Hunters and suchlike. Why did you leave it in the sideboard? edit: you're even running Vamp to tag yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's an interesting point. I've played DLR in constructed quite a bit - hell, I played it against Lukas on the Plugged In Tour - so I have a good idea how it works in practice.

Generally, it doesn't do a lot unless you totally run your opponent out of money via Vamp/Siphon/etc, and it's often a dead draw. With only one self-tagging card, it didn't seem worth it.

Sure, there's some Christmasland scenarios where your opponent plays a Hunter on a server with no other ice and doesn't have another ice in hand to trash the Hunter, but that seems like a stretch. Mostly you will just draw it and be sad.

I also don't particularly want to keep a tag around in a deck with a decent number of resources and also where your opponent may be on a Scorch plan without you knowing.

Sidenote: running 3 point agendas doesn't actually mean you're more likely to hit an agenda, it just increases the variance. Your expected value (often called EV for short) from a random access is the same. Same with small decks, it's ratios that's important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.