Hide
13 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Why weren't the metal minis shipped? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Russell
msg tools
I was pretty disappointed that the metal mins weren't shipped with wave 1. My wife actually wants to play the Brigand, but doesn't want to use the rat mini. I thought I saw on the KS page that the reason they didn't send them was because they didn't have cards for them? But that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Just send the cards for them in wave 2. The torch bearer doesn't have rules and he was sent. Also, the Sprigan and Trickster sleeves were sent, even though there's not cards to put in them, and the bonus quest book was sent, but you can't really do any of the quests without wave 2 minis. Just seems like an odd excuse, to me, not to send them.

I wonder if they are some how packaged with the cards they are talking about? Or if they just thought people would be upset with getting the minis without the cards? Cause honestly I wouldn't have cared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronan
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What can we answer ? They didn't send metal minis in Wave 1. That's a fact. They will be in the second wave. Fact 2.

I don't think that any answer here will pop them in your bedroom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the bases are coming from China with the second shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
BShotton wrote:

Does that mean they'll have different bases than the lipped one that came with the torch bearer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshuar56 wrote:
I was pretty disappointed that the metal mins weren't shipped with wave 1. My wife actually wants to play the Brigand, but doesn't want to use the rat mini.

But isn't the metal Brigand going to be the same rat-man mini? Just proxy another mini for the character she wants to play and use the Brigand cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
joshuar56 wrote:
BShotton wrote:

Does that mean they'll have different bases than the lipped one that came with the torch bearer?

Could just be a quantity issue?

They might have had enough bases to ship out one figure, chosen one and been done with it. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless he's referring to the alternate sclupt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

That was my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

That's the only thing I can think of, which makes me wonder why the OP complains specifically about metal minis when the alternate gender sculpts are being released in both plastic and metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
joshuar56 wrote:
I was pretty disappointed that the metal mins weren't shipped with wave 1. My wife actually wants to play the Brigand, but doesn't want to use the rat mini.

But isn't the metal Brigand going to be the same rat-man mini? Just proxy another mini for the character she wants to play and use the Brigand cards.

The description in the PM was that the $50 metal hero option included both male and femal versions of each class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshuar56 wrote:
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
joshuar56 wrote:

The description in the PM was that the $50 metal hero option included both male and femal versions of each class.

Yep, still, I'm sure the reason isn't anything sinister. I agree the female Brigand is a better model, I don't dig the rats at all, but you'll still have them soon enough.

As suggested, proxy the model with another hero mini for the time being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

That's the only thing I can think of, which makes me wonder why the OP complains specifically about metal minis when the alternate gender sculpts are being released in both plastic and metal.

First, I'm not complaining... this board is neurotic... It was my understanding that both the male and female metal sculpts would all be shipping in wave 1 (before the delay was announced). I was just curious what it was specifically that caused them to be delayed. Also, I don't care if they are going to come with different bases than the Torch Bearer, I was again just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
pinkymadigan wrote:
joshuar56 wrote:
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
joshuar56 wrote:

Yep, still, I'm sure the reason isn't anything sinister. I agree the female Brigand is a better model, I don't dig the rats at all, but you'll still have them soon enough.

As suggested, proxy the model with another hero mini for the time being.

Yeah, I wasn't implying that it was something sinister that caused the delay. She decided to go ahead and play the archer. My sister is playing the soldier, but using the Alexia RPG mini from privateer press. I also have a female kayazy eliminator to use as a brigand if she decides to play that class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.