Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do Shubs cultists work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kvinnherad Brettspelklubb
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’m puzzled by the meaning of the reckoning effect of Shubs cultist. In the set up, it says: “Set aside 2 Ghoul Monsters, 2 Goat Spawn Monsters, and 1 Dark Young Monster”. A cultists reckoning effect says “Spawn 1 Goat Spawn Monster or 1 Dark Young Monster on this space. Then, if you spawned a monster, discard this Cultist”.

- Does the first sentence mean that I draw a random Goat/Dark Young Monster from those set aside at setup?

- What does the second sentence in the effect mean? Defeated Set Up monsters do always go back into the set up monster pile, so I will always spawn a Goat/Dark Young, so why the wording if you spawned”?

Could someone please explain to me how these cultists actually work? robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvinnherad wrote:
- Does the first sentence mean that I draw a random Goat/Dark Young Monster from those set aside at setup?

I played it that you can pick which one you spawn as long as the choice is available.

kvinnherad wrote:
- What does the second sentence in the effect mean? Defeated Set Up monsters do always go back into the set up monster pile, so I will always spawn a Goat/Dark Young, so why the wording if you spawned”?

I think that is in there in case all of them are already out. If you keep drawing cultists and do not kill any of the goat spawns and dark youngs at one point there will be nothing left to summon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to choose which one you spawn. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, you will typically want to spawn the Goat Spawn first.

As the above poster says, the second sentence is there for when you run out of monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kvinnherad Brettspelklubb
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great! Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Dad
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
…and when the reckoning occurs to replace the cultist with a dark young/goat spawn, that cultist is then returned to the monster cup/bag/game lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.