Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Goldberg
United States
Longmont
co
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my butt kicked on my 1st playthrough but I think I did a couple of things wrong.

I know I screwed up on the locations tokens, I glossed over the rule where you can forgo a Intel token to randomly place a location token but I was wondering if the henchman is fought, after the fight is the token removed from the board and placed back into the pool? We were just leaving the token on the board and going back to fight him. I saw in the FAQ that if the Henchman wasn't defeated, return the Location Token face down to the Supply and reshuffle the pile, but what if you won the fight is he just left there and advancing the henchman level.

When does an Intel token get left face up on the board, I thought they were always left facedown and only revealed at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if the henchman is fought, after the fight is the token removed from the board and placed back into the pool?

From Section 2.3 (p.6) of the revised rules:
"Regardless of whether the encounter with the Henchman was successful or not, remove the Green Location token from the board and shuffle it face down with the others."

Quote:
When does an Intel token get left face up on the board, I thought they were always left facedown and only revealed at the end of the game?

As a reward for completing an encounter, you may occasionally be allowed to FLIP UP 1 INTEL ANYWHERE. If you choose an Intel on the board, that Intel remains flipped up. Alternatively, you may be allowed to FLIP UP 1 INTEL IN POOL - it's possible that subsequent encounters may lead to this face-up token being returned to the supply, and later placed back on the board. From the Appendix of the revised rules (p.14):
"Tokens flipped up remain flipped up the remainder of the game even if returned to Supply."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chalmers
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are 2 sections of the new rulebook where it states what to do with flipped up TOKENS.

I am not sure I am reading these correctly but they seem to be in contradiction regarding the GREEN Location Henchman tokens.

Are they left face up or returned face down and shuffled?

Page 6 states:
"Regardless of whether the encounter with the Henchman was successful or not, remove the Green Location token from the board and shuffle it face down with the others."

Page 9 states:
"Token Supply. Anytime a Green Location Token or a Yellow Intel Token is returned to the supply, mix all the tokens of that kind together. Keep these tokens random. They can be redrawn unless they are removed from the game. Flipped up tokens remain flipped up even if placed back in the Supply."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right - that is ambiguous and I'm surprised no-one has picked up on it before...

Green Location Tokens
After you encounter the Henchman, flip the token face down and shuffle it into the supply.

Yellow Intel Tokens
Always stay face down, unless you specifically instructed to flip one over. Once flipped, the token stays face up, even if shuffled back into the supply.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chalmers
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That clears it up thanks.

We played last night with 4 players and passed EVERY SINGLE test.

It was unbelievable.

Lobo did not advance once.

We chose the Green tokens using a D4 so it was still random but we did keep the ones face up that we fought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.