Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the card size changed throughout the Kickstarter campaign. What is the final size of the player cards, territory cards and other cards? Is there recommended sleeves for these? Being a portable game, I will definitely be sleeving this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final size for all cards is going to be 88×125mm. Cutthroat Caverns uses that same size as well.

You have a couple options for sleeves that size:
Snug fit: http://maydaygames.com/tiny-epic-kingdoms-card-sleeves.html
Snug fit: http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/standard-sleeves/swan-card-sle...
Loose fit: http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/item/131142

If anyone knows of other sleeves that size, feel free to add them below.

EDIT: The Ultra Pro sleeves have a solid black back, meaning they will be unsuitable for the territory cards, unless you have a whole second set of territories, or would be willing to flip the card inside the sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all cards the same size?
Player cards
Tower card
Territory cards
Action card
Etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjoyRC wrote:
Are all cards the same size?
Player cards
Tower card
Territory cards
Action card
Etc...

Yes, all cards are the same size.

Rainer's comment about the card size is correct, they are all 88x125mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutthroat Caverns cards are the same size as Magic cards.

That's FFG's grey sleeves, and Ultra Pro's, uh, normal sleeves. No idea about other companies'.

EDIT: My bad. I'd forgotten that we're getting the double sized cards.

For cards of that size (including Cutthroat Caverns's encounters and player boards, among other things), I usually use "Ultra Pro Sleeves - Oversized Deck Protectors".

Unfortunately, those only come in solid black backed, so they would be unsuitable for TEK unless you don't mind covering up the art on the back of the race cards... And completely unsuitable for the territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

That's FFG's grey sleeves, and Ultra Pro's, uh, normal sleeves. No idea about other companies'.

That throws a wrench into the planning for sleeves, as;
FFG's grey FFS05 are 63.5 x 88mm
Ultra Pro's #82667 are 66 x 91mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjoyRC wrote:
Asmor wrote:

That throws a wrench into the planning for sleeves, as;
FFG's grey FFS05 are 63.5 x 88mm
Ultra Pro's #82667 are 66 x 91mm

Actually I have the Swan Panasia sleeves at home for 90X125mm for another game - Elder Signs. When I looked into FFG sleeves the comparable size is what they call Tarot sized cards. The Swan sleeves are awesome - cost effective if you order more than 15 bundles too - free worldwide shipping. In roughly 60 bundles, (of between 100 and 160 in various sizes), I've only had one seam fail and another that was sheared a little shorter too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutthroat Caverns has two card sizes:
Their decks are "Standard" size (FF gray).
But they also have larger cards.

The large Cutthroat Caverns cards are, effectively, player boards.
The same is true of TEK.

The TEK player boards will all be the same size as the Cutthroat Caverns player boards (88×125mm), and there are sleeves to fit that size.

FFG do not have sleeves this size.
Ultra Pro and Swan/Panasia do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeonfire wrote:
When I looked into FFG sleeves the comparable size is what they call Tarot sized cards.

Just to avoid confusion — the tarot size sleeves (70×120mm) are too small for TEK.

FFG do NOT currently have sleeves in the size needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Lifeonfire wrote:
When I looked into FFG sleeves the comparable size is what they call Tarot sized cards.

Just to avoid confusion — the tarot size sleeves (70×120mm) are too small for TEK.

FFG do NOT currently have sleeves in the size needed.

Thanks Rainer - When I looked it was over a year ago. The point I was trying to make was that the Swan sleeves worked well for me.

(Though I am now curious why FFG recommends a sleeve 70x120mm for a card that is pretty much a size on fit for a 90x128mm sleeve... But thats for another thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeonfire wrote:
Actually I have the Swan Panasia sleeves at home for 90X125mm for another game - Elder Signs. When I looked into FFG sleeves the comparable size is what they call Tarot sized cards. The Swan sleeves are awesome - cost effective if you order more than 15 bundles too - free worldwide shipping. In roughly 60 bundles, (of between 100 and 160 in various sizes), I've only had one seam fail and another that was sheared a little shorter too.

Unfortunately, Pre-Order. Not in stock. But may as well get um on order. We might just receive um before TEK ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd forgotten that the cards we're getting in TEK are double-sized. I've amended my earlier post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they did that to me last year too. But as I understand it, Swan Panasia has only recently expanded into North American markets and it still recieving its shipments on a slow boat when most supplies run low. I believe they kickstarted the companies expansion in 2012 (If memory serves correctly). I have an order in currently for other games and it shows June 2014 as the hold for shipping date. So maybe then for any without a date added..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swan/Panasia sleeves say pre-order ... but mine just shipped today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, Swan Panasia is distributed in the US by Mayday games.

I won't bore you with my opinion of Mayday games here, but it's telling that there's no mention of this anywhere on their site. In fact, I wanted to verify that this was still the case and it was quite difficult. However, I ran a whois on swanpanasiasleeves.com and the domain is registered to Seth Hiatt of Mayday games.

Quote:
Domain Name: SWANPANASIASLEEVES.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: Seth Hiatt
Registrant Organization: Mayday Games Inc.
Name Server: NS1.WIREDTREE.COM
Name Server: NS2.WIREDTREE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

If anyone would like to read up on Mayday, here's a convenient link to their publisher forum on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/185297/mayday-games/gener...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not hiding your opinion of Mayday very well, despite attempting to make it look like you are.

Yes, it is no secret that Swan Panasia is a Mayday product in the U.S. These sleeves are, however, not produced in the same factories as Mayday's own sleeves. A lot of people are dissatisifed with Mayday brand sleeves, but happy with Swan Panasia sleeves.

As with all products — use your best judgement before making a purchase.

If anyone would like to read up on Disney, here's a convenient link to their corporate site: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/
Ian can provide you with a convenient link if you are interested in reading up on him.

For the record — yes, Mayday has a bad rep in the industry, sometimes due to products, other times due to customer service. I am in no way trying to convince you to buy the Swan Panasia sleeves. If you want sleeves, they're but one option of ... well ... one out there (to my knowledge). I bought them. But I've also never had an issue with Mayday unlike many others. However, if you don't trust/like Swan Panasia/Mayday/Rainer Ahlfors ... seriously, don't buy these sleeves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
You are not hiding your opinion of Mayday very well, despite attempting to make it look like you are.

I wasn't trying to hide my opinion. I just wasn't going to go on a rant about it myself, since I haven't personally had any dealings with them in several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Yes, it is no secret that Swan Panasia is a Mayday product in the U.S. These sleeves are, however, not produced in the same factories as Mayday's own sleeves. A lot of people are dissatisifed with Mayday brand sleeves, but happy with Swan Panasia sleeves.

Actually, Swan Panasia are not a Mayday product. Swan Panasia is a separate company from Taiwan and existed long before this arrangement with Mayday. Mayday are only acting as the US distributer for the Swan Panasia sleeves.

You can find their Taiwan website (and company history) here - http://www.swanpanasia.com/public/

Full disclosure - I use Swan Panasia sleeves myself and love them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swan site referenced is based out of the USA and does show SWN-048 as on PREORDER but in fact we have 11 of them in stock and another box of them on the way to the USA that should be there next week.

We have suffered from messy inventory controls in the past and have a buffer in place so we show OUT OF STOCK or PREORDER when we fall below 20 units on hand. Our latest inventory showed 11 of these in stock and we will get a resupply in late May with several hundred more packs of these as well, so your sleeves will beat the game for sure.

On a related note, Mayday has been getting lots of requests for sleeves to fit Tiny Epic Kingdoms and we are considering that, which is why we stumbled on this thread in the first place. If we do run a batch of sleeves for this game we will let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That stock notice is true. I just received my pack of Swan sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to follow up, the Ultra Pro large sleeves fit the cards very well.

Shame they don't come in clear for the territories. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MDG-7129 are officially licensed for Tiny Epic Kingdoms and should fit perfectly too.

http://maydaygames.com/tiny-epic-kingdoms-card-sleeves.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
MDG-7129 are officially licensed for Tiny Epic Kingdoms and should fit perfectly too.

Thanks! Seems that I never updated my post above after the licensed sleeves were announced. I updated it now, however
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

These are the ones I use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.