Subject: Happy St Patrick's Day! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Celebrated my son's "Star Wars" birthday and was properly kilted!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb

Why do people wear Shamrocks on St. Patrick's Day?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Real rock would look funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've read my other stuff, you know I have an Irish last name. It has punctuation - not a hyphen or a hypotenuse - in it. But I'm French on my Mother's side. In my youth I had an occasion to drink too much and hit on a woman I should leave alone thus provoking a fight I couldn't possibly win then surrender. Fortunately, I was a reasonably fast learner and it didn't take more than twice to change my ways. Ok, maybe 3 times. But I'm older, wiser and more absent minded now.

That said, I was talking to another half-Irishman yesterday (his other half is Mexican) and we decided:

1) we needed no excuse to have TOO MANY drinks
2) we do not wear vacu-formed plastic derby hats with gold card board shamrocks stapled to them
3) we wear green when and where we feel like it
4) we don't ask to be kissed. Women just naturally want to kiss us.

edit: Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Today is extra special since it's also payday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hafner
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I went to wish you all a Happy Saint Patrick's Day but someone already started a thread. So Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all, a great Mission celebration of the Church.

If any of you have not read the history about Saint Patrick it is quite interesting. He had been taken as a slave to Ireland and later became free. Nonetheless, he went again there preaching the gospel.

So as you think on all that God has done for you buying you back from death through his holy Son Jesus Christ, may the road rise to meet you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Oldie! Goodie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.