Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This must certainly fall under the ruling that the game should be played how you want to play it, but how are folks handling friendly fire? I'm more partial to the realism of having it enabled during my games, personally. It certainly does make some quests tougher though when you've got that wicked AoE spell you REALLY wanna try out though. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
You can damage friendlies with aoe. Dont have access to the card reference atm but i know the apprentice aoes can and I think Last Rites does as well. Im assuming Soldier aoe would as well, even tho i dont think its mentioned. Archer and aoes are targeted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I didn't see that on the cards or any reference (doesn't mean they're not there, just that I must have glossed over them). Never mind then. I guess that answers that question. I can't imagine they'd only make friendly fire a stipulation for some attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Friendly fire make the game more tactical it is best this way i think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said it in another thread, but you're really gonna spend one of your d10 to hit your buddy? Or will you play it like Zcide where you MUST hit your buddies first (dumb rule)?

I agree it makes the game more tactical, but given how the combat system works, I don't see it for Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If your buddy has the same TN as a monster we could argue that it is both or none

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
If your buddy has the same TN as a monster we could argue that it is both or none

How would you determine the TN?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't thought of that. How would you determine the TN for a buddy caught in a friendly AoE attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are right this make no sense, so no friendly fire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...that seems like a pretty large thing to miss if Friendly Fire is mentioned as mandatory for some cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
Hmmm...that seems like a pretty large thing to miss if Friendly Fire is mentioned as mandatory for some cards.

Is it? I didn't scour the decks we didn't use last night, but I didn't see any that required friendly fire.

I thought the implication was that heroes can't hit heroes as heroes do not have a TN, point blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the info on one of the apprentices cards:

Blood of Gaia: Heroes caught in the targeted area are damaged by this attack.

Q: Are they automatically damaged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assumed it wasn't an option to assign a target dice to them, it just happens automatically when they're targeted by an AOE that mentions it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
Here's the info on one of the apprentices cards:

Blood of Gaia: Heroes caught in the targeted area are damaged by this attack.

Q: Are they automatically damaged?

Ah, yes, we did miss this. Must be automatic in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That description is on the Hero Deck Reference. I can't read the actual card on the PDF and don't have them on me atm. Not sure how the card reads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some things are strange in this document i am currently doing a check, i will email brian after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
That description is on the Hero Deck Reference. I can't read the actual card on the PDF and don't have them on me atm. Not sure how the card reads.

This was my point for this card in the other thread. On the card itself, I think it simply says "hitting all targets". I think this was interpreted by the external company as possible friendly-fire.

If Blood of Gaia can indeed hit friendlies, since it's the only card I remember saying this, I choose to play the Apprentice in SF...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaughter field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
official answer from Brian :

Quote:

Other players/Heroes are not expecting an attack from an ally. They have no defense. There is no roll to hit. The Heroes takes damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so ANY AoE with a fellow hero or ally in its damage range is automatically hit?

That would certainly make it easy. And thematic if you think about it with the explanation Brian used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
hepcat1 wrote:
Ah, so ANY AoE with a fellow hero or ally in its damage range is automatically hit?

That would certainly make it easy. And thematic if you think about it with the explanation Brian used.

Some aoes are targetted like Orions Tears & Fingers of Ia which wont do friendly damage, but yah all other aoes can do friendly damage.

Yah, this is more proof that the most common sense and thematic answer is usually the right one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not sure common sense plays that much into it. Common sense (to me) would dictate that ANYONE within an AoE attack that relies on a roll to see if you're hit would have a chance to escape damage. I'd actually prefer allies within the AoE having a chance to avoid it via a roll of 3 or less (or something along that lines...maybe just a natural 1 on any of the 1D10?). I may just house rule that in...or at least some variant of it.

...or not, and just say that you didn't like that guy and were actually using him as a target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
official answer from Brian :

Quote:

Other players/Heroes are not expecting an attack from an ally. They have no defense. There is no roll to hit. The Heroes takes damage.

They were not expecting it the first time. After the first hit I think they're going to be on their guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.