Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm new to crokinole and already it's in my top 10 games of all time.
When flicking the disc, is it legal to just use 1 finger, without actually "flicking" it against your thumb? Basically, pushing the disc with one finger. I'm not sure it's any advantage, I just know some people who automatically try to do it that way. Seems like less power, but maybe easier for a new player than a real flick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Perfectly legal and if you watch some videos you'll notice that it's rare that people flex the index finger against the thumb.

More common is to steady the disc between the thumb and middle finger and flex the index finger (gently against the board)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been up to the World Crokinole Championship in Tavistock, Canada, and I believe the main stipulation about a legal shot is that the hand cannot move, only the fingers or thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes sense. I was able to explain to some new folks last night that any flick is legal as long as you're only using 1 finger to move the disc. One of the players never could find a flick that she could use though. She insisted on flicking sideways, which I personally think is hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.