Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Eminent Domain» Forums » General

Subject: Eminent Domain Debate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
http://d6desperados.com
badge
Mooo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower Showdown is looking for enthusiasts to debate Eminent Domain vs Race for the Galaxy vs Core Worlds.


Send us an e-mail to dicetowershowdown@gmail.com
Include what topic(s) and which side.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A. What is the Dice Tower showdown? Is it officially a part of the Dice Tower with Tom Vasel?

B. What are we debating? Are we supposed to create the debate topics?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
A. What is the Dice Tower showdown? Is it officially a part of the Dice Tower with Tom Vasel?

B. What are we debating? Are we supposed to create the debate topics?


I believe the debate is "which is better." Which seems kind of silly, but I'll definitely listen in...

"I like Eminent Domain better!"
"I like Core Worlds better!"
"OKAY THEN!!!"
"WHY ARE WE YELLING?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
http://d6desperados.com
badge
Mooo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Dice Tower Showdown is part of the Dice Tower Network and is moderated by Tom Vasel.

I'm looking for people that want to step into the ring and debate Eminent Domain over Race for the Galaxy and Core Worlds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So has it been decided that there can be only one? Because I will happily play all three.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark coley
msg tools
Test
I don't know if it is fair to include race for the galaxy. That is definitely more of a tableu building game rather than deck building. While I haven't played core worlds I have played eminent domain and it feels very different from race.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mcoleya wrote:
I don't know if it is fair to include race for the galaxy. That is definitely more of a tableu building game rather than deck building. While I haven't played core worlds I have played eminent domain and it feels very different from race.


Race is often compared to EmDo based upon 4 things:

1. Tableau building

2. Space theme

3. Iconography

4. Role Selection with leader benefits

As a debate on a deck builders I agree, but there is a lot of similarity between the two, at least at face value. Nothing in this post suggests that the debate is about deck builders though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
mcoleya wrote:
I don't know if it is fair to include race for the galaxy. That is definitely more of a tableu building game rather than deck building. While I haven't played core worlds I have played eminent domain and it feels very different from race.


Race is often compared to EmDo based upon 4 things:

1. Tableau building

2. Space theme

3. Iconography

4. Role Selection with leader benefits

As a debate on a deck builders I agree, but there is a lot of similarity between the two, at least at face value. Nothing in this post suggests that the debate is about deck builders though.
Another important feature I'd add is both ED and RftG have a mechanic which lets you convert goods into VP. In fact, this is one key reason I feel RftG is more similar to Puerto Rico than San Juan, despite the claims that both SJ and Race use cards, and use cards to pay for other cards.

Probably also when to build up your engine, vs. mad grabbing for pts, although this now encroaches on many eurogames.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
So has it been decided that there can be only one? Because I will happily play all three.


Eminent Domain already beheaded the other two and stole their power...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Johnson
United States
Midvale
UT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
ejcarter wrote:
So has it been decided that there can be only one? Because I will happily play all three.


Eminent Domain already beheaded the other two and stole their power...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!


You would say that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.