6 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: 6 players game SPOILERS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stony Malony
Iceland
flag msg tools
I was wondering, we are 6 friends who chipped in buying Risk Legacy. I read alot about this game before we started, carefully looked passed all spoilers.

The reason I decided to "invite" 5 of my friends to be apart of this group was to avoid that we didn't play for a long time coz every buddy were busy. This way there was a great chance that at least 4 could show up.

Then we started, and obviously every buddy loved it, so most of the time we were 5, except that 1 player. He only played the first night, which was, I don't know 2-3 games, and got one win. He named NA and since he never showed up again no-one got the benefit of it. Now there is only 1 game left of these 15 games, and three of us have 3 wins (including me). So now when we plan the next meeting, next night of wars every buddy is eager to show up for the final showdown (including the one that has only been there that first night). So I ask, since we have open all packages (except the envelope under the game) there is enough faction for all of us, has anyone here played with 6 players? or is that basically against the rules?
Personally I would say so, where it says on the box 3-5 players, but again I ask has anyone tried it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At that point in the game you are still drafting cards for order, starting units, etc, a 6th choice for each one of those cards would get nothing or did you have an alternative in mind? I am on game 13 after playing irregularly over the course of time since its release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the point you're at, it plays just fine with 6. Just make some proxy cards for the setup and you're ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It looks as though several people have played successfully with 6. Here are several threads where 6 player games were discussed:

FULL SPOILERS alert - houseruling for...
Question about the factions *SPOILERS*
Making cards for 6-8 players [Spoilers for all packs]

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Horton
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The game plays well with 6 players, the only real difference we have noted is that the coin deck is depleted a bit faster. It can take a little longer to play also, but that can go the other way at times, so it's really not an issue. We just take pieces of paper and write out the 6th draft positions. We even out the coins, so there are two 0, 1, and 2 coin draft cards. Then we add a second 6th army card; sixth turn and sixth placement.

We even went into PhotoShop and made an entirely new Faction. Just label paper with the new faction printed on it, and we made them their own initial power also. We stuck the label on an old faction card, and grabbed some old figs from another set, modified them, and sprayed them blue.

Maybe I'll post it if I get some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
please do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.