Subject: supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
So as I see it, the British can have as many as 16 sp's (no restrictions on flipping them to their '2' side) and the Axis can
have as many as 12 (only if they are allowed to flip them, otherwise their limit is 6). It that correct?

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup
Allied = 16 Supply Points maximum via the 8 counters
Axis = 12 Supply Points maximum via the 6 counters

Edit for clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But the costs of things appears to be in Supply points not counters, correct?

And the max numbers on the map display is counters or points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Pultorak wrote:
But the costs of things appears to be in Supply points not counters, correct?

And the max numbers on the map display is counters or points?

Max numbers are in supply points. Cost is in supply points too. The counters are just the game's "Supply Money".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I need to make sure I understand this:
Example - I am the Axis player on Board #2, Owning Benghazi. Malta is Active with Fair weather.

Do I draw 6 SUPPLY 'COUNTERS' during the Resupply segment (5.2)?
I assume all have to be used as 1 Supply Point each. If Malta was inactive, I could use them as 2 supply points each, correct?

Your answer says that max numbers on the Map are points. Does that mean that I could only draw 6 points (or 3 counters)?

The player then receives a number of SPs (in the form of supply Point markers) equal to his Supply Capacity.
The Axis Player’s Supply Capacity (i.e.,the maximum SPs he can draw) equals the number shown next to the oil drum symbol in the gray box with the German cross on his Supply Map. The Allied Player’s Supply Capacity is the number shown next to the oil drum
symbol in the tan box with the British roundel on his Supply Map.
Both players draw a number of additional SPs for their Port Supply; i.e., the Port hexes they control on their respective Supply Maps equal to their Port Values,shown in the blue box with “+ #” next to the oil drum symbol adjacent to a Port. Both players draw two (+2) additional SPs during Bad Weather turns (the status of Malta could impede this for
the Axis as their Supply markers could not be flipped to
their “2” sides).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Pultorak wrote:

I assume all have to be used as 1 Supply Point each. If Malta was inactive, I could use them as 2 supply points each, correct?

Correct.

Steve Pultorak wrote:

Your answer says that max numbers on the Map are points. Does that mean that I could only draw 6 points (or 3 counters)?

6 points. You can take it in any mix of 1SP or 2SP counters.

Ex: 6 x 1SP couners, 3 x 2SP counters (if Malta is inactive), 2 x 1SP, and 2x 2SP (malta inactive), etc...

But it can be increased by special conditions (+2SP during Bad Weather).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Steve Pultorak wrote:

Correct.

Steve Pultorak wrote:

6 points. You can take it in any mix of 1SP or 2SP counters.

Ex: 6 x 1SP couners, 3 x 2SP counters (if Malta is inactive), 2 x 1SP, and 2x 2SP (malta inactive), etc...

But it can be increased by special conditions (+2SP during Bad Weather).

Then I am NOT correct to assume I can draw 6 counters (12 Points) when Malta is inactive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Pultorak wrote:

Then I am NOT correct to assume I can draw 6 counters (12 Points) when Malta is inactive!

Indeed, this is NOT correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your patience to put up with me, Carl.
It is a gorgeous game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So what the rule ought to say is something akin to "Draw supply counters (in whatever denomination you desire) totalling 6 supply points." ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
licinius wrote:
[q="Lancer4321"]So what the rule ought to say is something akin to "Draw supply counters (in whatever denomination you desire) totalling 6 supply points." ?

Yes, well said! Also 13.0 could have been clearer based on the questions related to the Counterblow - Mech Response.

But that is 'Monday Morning Quarterbacking' for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.