Subject: Greater Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Deen
United States
St.Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
I have to say this game looks super interesting. I love the whole secret fraction and having to guess who is who, then combined with the ability to bet and support another fraction it all seems like a game I would play the hell out of.
Oh and that whole run away leader actually turns into the loser is freaking brilliant, makes all the decisions even more interesting.

Which sucks because it seems like this game is not widely available (only 1 seller) and the shipping from the seller is like 12 bucks (which seems rather expensive on top of full MSRP).

So yeah, I know I am dumb by saying how awesome this game sounds but complaining about the lack of buying options. But it often seems like when there are multiple sellers online that they discount the price to make up for the shipping (especially for lighter games that are made of mostly cards)...and after being burned by games that seem awesome but turn out not to be so awesome I am hesitant as of late (not to say this game is like that).

Anyways...does anyone know if this game will be more widely produced and available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a problem getting a second printing of the game...some kind of rights dilemma that's not the fault of the designer/publisher. Because of the small print run, it was never intended to make it to North America.

Funagain picked up 45 copies of the game at Essen 2013 and IIRC the publisher is now out of stock so they have all that's left in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read about it here: Last copies at Essen
The artists needs the whole rights because of some negotiations with an American company to bring the Steam Noir comics to the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, funagain has the only copies available in the US, that's correct. We still have a few dozens of copies in three boxes at my home, which will be for sale, when the shops don't have any left and for people from countries without any possibilities to get a copy.

There are still some publishers in the USA, France and Italy testing and pondering, whether there is a target group large enough. But as a amatter of fact, it will not appear with the same art, the same title or taking place in the world of "Steam Noir", because the comic book itself starts to develops into a kind of larger franchise and the artist doesn't want to split rights about several things connected to that. Understandable, and the opportunity for any publisher to find a new revolutionary setting fitting here.

You definitely need a gaming group liking this kind of "manipulation" game beyond "party non-complexity" - from my experience and what I heard from others, either people love it, or they hate it. This is fine with me, better than some lukewarm "so-so"-ish response. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an openend unplayed copy to sell, if you are interested? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.