Popular Tags: [View All]
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/hobbytownusaheadquarters?sk=app_451...

I sculpted this model of Wally Wood's alien from the cover of "weird Science" magazine from scratch. If you would, vote for me to win a hundred bucks gift certificate in the above link. THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have voted for Elle MacPherson, but apparently this is not the correct thread. *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that thing is worth way more than a hundred bucks! It's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really nifty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, sorry.

That's Dave on the cover of the magazine. You've sculpted Ted - he's the navigator, and is still in the ship in the picture.

...you can tell by the subtle ithicutions of Ted's valamunis.

(edit in case of missed humor - I'm just kidding, of course that is completely awe inspiring! Hope you win!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, not a faceplanter, but you would have received my vote.

Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome work for a scratch build! I am trying to guess at some of the materials used and I am leaning toward automotive parts for at least part of the model. The shoulder joints of the suit look like spark plugs and the legs and hoses attached to the suit look like wire harness wraps. Definitely a lot of artistic skill.

Looking at all of the models present on that page, a lot of the competitors are simply putting together pre-fab kits and adding a nice finish job to them. Nice, but not as impressive as the scratch build and kit bash attempts. One of my personal favorites is the 1/32 scale diorama of the Battlestar Atlantis launching Mk II Vipers...but you got my vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Awesome work for a scratch build! I am trying to guess at some of the materials used and I am leaning toward automotive parts for at least part of the model. The shoulder joints of the suit look like spark plugs and the legs and hoses attached to the suit look like wire harness wraps. Definitely a lot of artistic skill.

Good eye, the shoulder parts are extra chess pawns actually! The chest hoses are springs, and the legs are indeed wire wraps, there's a lot of other things like the silver in the middle of his chest is an airhose piece. I forget what the butt rockets were. There's some stuff in the cockpit too.

Thanks for the votes!

Ted was the only one that would show up for the modeling session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would happily vote for your entry (it's easily the most appealing one there), this contest represents everything I detest about FB. Voting gives them access to my personal info. Even though I trust FB with very little personal info, up with this I will not put.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
While I would happily vote for your entry (it's easily the most appealing one there), this contest represents everything I detest about FB. Voting gives them access to my personal info. Even though I trust FB with very little personal info, up with this I will not put.

Completely understood. I seem to be falling way behind anyway even tho you can vote once a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:

Completely understood. I seem to be falling way behind anyway even tho you can vote once a day.

Didn't know that I could go back and vote daily, so I just did that. It seems like the different models of the U.S.S. Enterprise (C, D, and E versions) are all doing well, even though a couple of them look a bit amateurish (although the battle-damaged NCC-1701-C that is in the lead is a very nice model).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.