Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No pics this time. Played in another small tournament this weekend

I flew my standard which I've taken to 3 tournaments now. It's changed around a little bit with the cards on each ship but I've settle down to this list and I'm happy with it

- Chewie + PTL + Nien Nunb + Gunenr + MF Card
- Dagger Squadron B-Wing x2

Previously I was flying to Blue B-wings w/FCS. But I was finding that often I'd forget about throwing the target locks on or I'd place the target locks but was seldom targeting that ship again or more annoying my opponent with higher PS ships would take out my B-wings before they could shoot back. So I skipped the FCS and went with PS/4 b-wings for the same points cost.

Round 1
Hwk + Y-Wing + X-Wing list. He kept staking focus tokens on the hwk and passing them out to Wedge and the y-wing. It was a pretty quick match. We basically charged each other and got scrapped up. But my list is designed to get scrapped, his list not so much.

His Y-wing was the first to fall, since he was trying to ion Chewie, but a y-wing vs Chewie isn't a good idea as he found out. Then my b-wings finished off his hwk and that left my full force to concentrate on wedge - which wasn't a problem.

Round 2
Shuttle, 2 tie's and an interceptor. I got lucky and took out the interceptor on the first pass. My b-wing's and his shuttle were trading back and forth. It was annoying between my b-wings stressing over his rebel captive or getting ion'ed by the shuttles guns it took awhile. But that left Chewie to take on hit two ties.

Round 3
Last match was against another list that was doing well also 2-0 at that point in the day. Unfortunately the person running had to leave so another person took over. The list was pretty solid with 2 tie advanced and an interceptor. But the person taking over wasn't as good a player. It still took a while though as he was managing to evade everything I threw at him. We both lost a ship, but finally I got his ships on the run and gunned them down. I would have liked to play the other guy as I owed him some payback for the previous tournament.

In the end though a win is a win and the gift cert covers most of the cost of the Imperial Aces pack. The win is good but I was happier that my strategy in each game worked, I kept on top of my opponents and the games didn't have any crazy die wonkiness. I never got out of position and did well at staying in the pocket which is critical for my list. It's basically a tank. You see it coming, it's not subtle and it doesn't really dodge. There are a few little tricks I can pull but it's not fancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool report. I've been thinking of switching from various xxbb squads I've been running to a falcon + 2b. or ORS + 3b.

I personally love FCS on b-wings, especially against Falcons, Firesprays, and Shuttles. It basically gives them a permanent target lock on thoes ships and I get to focus as well. I frequently get 4 hits with the b-wings doing that.

It's less effective against TIEs which either die right away or outmaneuver the b-wing.

But I've been totally wreaking dual Falcons with FCS bwings. Its been pretty good against the firespray and shuttles as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of FCS's and they definitely do work against certain lists. But in a tournament you run into all sorts of lists and you can't tailor your list between matches. I was finding that more often then not PS2 was more of a hindrance then the benefit of FCS. You get the TL on the first pass but then against more maneuverable lists you won't be targeting that same ship again for a couple of rounds assuming it's still standing. PS4 on the other hand means that they are usually not the slowest ship on the field (generally) so if it comes down to a joust, firing first can often mean the difference between not getting to fire at all.

PS4 + FCS would be great. But the cards I run on Chewie work really well together and I'd rather not split them up to come up with the 4 points needed to do that. The other factor is that my B-wing's are 24 pts each which from a pts perspective means losing one is less painful when it comes to calculating a modified win if it comes to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
You get the TL on the first pass (assuming you hit)

I don't think you have to hit to get the free target lock. I'm pretty sure you just have to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edrazpgh wrote:
kryyst wrote:
You get the TL on the first pass (assuming you hit)

I don't think you have to hit to get the free target lock. I'm pretty sure you just have to attack.

You are correct, not sure why I put that in there since we've never played it that way. You just have to attack, hit or miss you can TL them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.