United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings!

You may know me from from my resource posts here on BGG including the pinned copyright and trademark mythbusting article, the "So You Want to Start a Game Store" thread (also pinned), the Indie Publishers/Designers Guide to Gencon, as well as the Indie Publisher's Guide to Amazon FBA.

I am offering my services as a professional writer and editor for game designers and publishers to edit, review, test, and write copy for board games and rulebooks.

Even the most professional and established publishers can make serious missteps in producing a rulebook. No matter how great the components, how tight the gameplay, or how inspired the design and art, if people get frustrated trying to figure out how to play your game it will be shoved off on the secondary market as soon as it hits retailers shelves. It will likewise not be selected as a game for newcomers to our hobby.

While my qualifications within this hobby include the articles I linked, I have also designed and published my own game, Table Gype, which won the Mensa Select, the Games Magazine Top 100, and was nominated for a Golden Geek. I have been a manager of a hobby game store, and am a collector of board games myself.

As a writer, I have written for several magazines, worked as a journalist and press release writer, and as a technical writer for the pharmaceutical industry, as well as a few books. My writing is concise and exact - qualities important to a board game rule book.

I have at access to several groups for blind testing, but can also edit, review, and provide copy for a rulebook or other board game materials at any stage of the process.

My services can save you the costs of lost sales, negative reviews, and reprinting costs down the road.

If you are interested, send me a geekmail or email me directly at wordsmith@eternalrevolution.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.