Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understand how spawning works but riddle me this batman... on pg. 41 in the second example (pic on left, yellow area)... why does the Ranged Crawler spawn in the upper left corner? Why not spawn in the second square down on the right.

Only thing I can think of is that, that's the farthest that he can be while retaining LOS and still in range to attack... Looking at the card the Crawler has 3(R) and the Brigand is 4 Squares away... he wouldnt go for the soldier, which is in range where he is at, they want the Brigand.... so why not on the right second down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not following you, both ranged crawlers spawning are in range and have LoS to the Brigand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennen Hilgendorf
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ranged Minion Spawning Rules say to spawn ranged minions thusly:

• adjacent to the Lair
• closest square available nearest to
the Lair
• in range of a target
• as far away as possible from
the target
• if there is more than one target,
refer to that Monster’s Priority

I believe Crawlers Target Priority is: Proximity, Threat, Guile

Ideally, the ranged Crawler would want to attack the available Brigand with the Guile Archetype, but couldn't spawn at max range and still be in attack range of the Brigand, so I would spawn it on the opposite side of the Lair where it is placed in the diagram so that it still has the ability to attack the Soldier in the next activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennen Hilgendorf
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
I'm not following you, both ranged crawlers spawning are in range and have LoS to the Brigand.

I believe the Lair would block LoS in the example on that page. Lairs do affect Enemy LoS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, maybe I'm not looking at the right image here, but the Brigand would receive 4 attacks even if the monsters didn't move (ecen though technically the ranged guys would move back one to be as far away as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilgendwarf wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

I believe the Lair would block LoS in the example on that page. Lairs do affect Enemy LoS.

Ah, sorry, now I get it.

It's another IITFR case, Lairs of the same type as the monster don't block it's LoS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 39 says lairs block LOS, I read nothing about seeing through its own lair, but I could of missed that somewhere or didn't get to that rule yet.

It's just still doesn't make scence as one range crawler is in range of 3 (upper right) and the other, we'll... Have to find where it talks about LOS through its own lair in the book... Otherwise it should just be right below the top right one...

Now to go hunting for an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilgendwarf wrote:
The Ranged Minion Spawning Rules say to spawn ranged minions thusly:

• adjacent to the Lair
• closest square available nearest to
the Lair
• in range of a target
• as far away as possible from
the target
• if there is more than one target,
refer to that Monster’s Priority

I believe Crawlers Target Priority is: Proximity, Threat, Guile

Ideally, the ranged Crawler would want to attack the available Brigand with the Guile Archetype, but couldn't spawn at max range and still be in attack range of the Brigand, so I would spawn it on the opposite side of the Lair where it is placed in the diagram so that it still has the ability to attack the Soldier in the next activation.

I read all that but that still doesn't explain why he spawns there as there is a spot on the right of the lair for him to spawn which falls into the farthest spot that has LOS ans still be in range.... Where they put him at he doesn't on the brigand, only on the soldier.

So is it you check for distance first... That being said, all range 3 spaces get placed first before all range 2 spaces, following TP for each range. This is the only case that makes scence. Just need to know now if this is official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
Page 39 says lairs block LOS, I read nothing about seeing through its own lair, but I could of missed that somewhere or didn't get to that rule yet.

It's just still doesn't make scence as one range crawler is in range of 3 (upper right) and the other, we'll... Have to find where it talks about LOS through its own lair in the book... Otherwise it should just be right below the top right one...

Now to go hunting for an answer.

IITFR (It's In The French Rules)

Edit : by the way, hen they gave us a chance to read and comment the KS rules, I did tell them that ranged minions would never pop behind the lair because they didn't have LoS, and also said that the 2nd gameplay video had ranged crawlers attack through their lair, but I guess my comment didn't stick or find it's way into the English rules.
When I proof-read the French rules, I told Endevor the same thing (and maybe other noted it too) and in the last version of the French rules I've seen, it's clearly indicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Remi is correct, your own lairs are part of your species, you can shoot over them. Is is made as a protection for your ranged minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.