Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Terran Conglomerate (white) was my fifth painted fleet. Though I'd botched the Terran Republic (yellow), I felt I needed to succeed at painting a light-colored ship.

In the Eclipse rulebook, the Terran Conglomerate is a wealthy faction focused on finance. This made me think of my neighbor's white Mercedes (always clean). It takes extra cash to upkeep a white vehicle and keep it looking shiny and new. I tried to give the Terran Conglomerate fleet a "wealthy," untarnished look.

I messed it up a few times, and found white to be a very unforgiving color. I eventually decided to line every ship in blue ink. In the photos, I think this can look a bit messy, but in real life (and much smaller) they look kind of cool.

Most of the fleet photos I'm posting are taken with a macro lens on a digital SLR, with a little bit of basic level enhancement to compensate for lighting and underexposure. I'm tagging the mobile phone shots as well so you can see what they look like. I've also linked a large, much more edited photo at the end of this so you can see a more idealistic version of the scene of the Terran Conglomerate fleet flying through space.

Terran Conglomerate Interceptors

Terran Conglomerate Interceptors (iPhone)

Terran Conglomerate Cruisers

Terran Conglomerate Cruisers (iPhone)

Terran Conglomerate Dreadnoughts

Terran Conglomerate Fleet

Terran Conglomerate Fleet Afterburners (iPhone)

And with lots of editing on flickr.

Thanks as always to Maruk, Gary James, and the others for the inspiring photos and painting advice.

Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Eclipse and Ship Pack One (Complete)
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Union
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Directorate
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Conglomerate
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Alliance
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Rho Indi Syndicate/Terran Separatists
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Orion Hegemony
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Mechanema
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Planta
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Federation and Hydran Progress
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Republic and Descendants of Draco
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: The Eridani Empire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.