Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Lloyd
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Destructive Analysis says, Discard this evolution to gain 1 energy for each claw you rolled. Cult following, Discard this evolution to gain 1 victory point for each heart you rolled. My question is do you still get the effects of the originally rolled claw or heart? On some of pandakai's evolution cards its specifically states that he gets the other effects but these don't. Are the claws' and the hearts' effects are replaced by what the texts says and the player only receives one and not both effects? Thanks to whoever can clear this up for me. I couldn't find anything in the new rule book about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes each claw/heart works as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lloyd
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Is there a rule somewhere that I missed reading that says this or is it just assumed that this is the case since it explicitly says that on the other cards? I just thought it was odd that it is explicitly stated on some cards and not the others. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing official that I'm aware of, but it is indeed odd that some cards call it out while others don't (printed in the same set no less).

While the cards do not say "also use die results as normal", they also do not say "this is instead of normal die results".

I'd say the word "gain" would be the key word in this case. "Gain" means bonus, so as a 'bonus' you get this in addition to your die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
Weak explanation for the discrepancy: Pandarwinism and Panda Express are permanent Evolutions and deal with dice combos. Destructive Analysis and Cult Following are temporary, and deal with non-combo results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SinisterSamurai wrote:
Weak explanation for the discrepancy: Pandarwinism and Panda Express are permanent Evolutions and deal with dice combos. Destructive Analysis and Cult Following are temporary, and deal with non-combo results.

The 'temporary' vs. 'permanent' works in favor of "normal results still apply".

If you _replaced_ all Claws with Energy, then you'd only ever spend the card if you happened to roll some Claws and REALLY needed Energy.

If you _gain_ Energy equal to Claws rolled, then the card become much more useful, as you have more control over when it would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.