Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Cagney
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
1. Nobles
Do collected Nobles have to come from different counties - or can you keep hitting say the same County again and again?

2. Voting
Are Laws automatically adopted by default if there are zero votes for them?

3. 5 Turns or 4 Turns?
There are Parliament Laws numbered 0-4, but the 1 Laws come in on the first turn - pushing out the 0 Laws. Is this right?
Where then is the 5th turn? Can I assume we play 2 turns with the 4 Laws?

4. Conflict Confusion
When there is a French Victory and so the card is shifted to a lower level - does this Second Battle then happen in the following turn? If it happens in the same turn, I don't understand how it can be anything other than another French Victory - since the Knight values haven't changed.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if these have already been answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rules infront of me, but from memory..

1: different. Check the back of them, they are lettered.

2: In the case of a tie the law is passed

3: Yes

4: Yes, it happens following turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laurleen wrote:
2. Voting
Are Laws automatically adopted by default if there are zero votes for them?

There will always be votes for or against a law since every player votes their "yes" (check mark) or "no" (X) tile. Additional votes can be added for each player's vote by including additional voting cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laurleen wrote:

3. 5 Turns or 4 Turns?
There are Parliament Laws numbered 0-4, but the 1 Laws come in on the first turn - pushing out the 0 Laws. Is this right?

Check the Parliament Board: the back of the top card always shows the current round. After you place the last three cards numbered "4" you are in the 5th and final turn, which is shown on the board as if it were a card with number "5":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Small request: it would be really helpful for later visitors to (re)name your threads to include the topic, like "More Qs about Nobles, Voting, 5 or 4 Turns and Conflicts" instead of "Lancaster: More Rules Questions". People after you will spend less time searching. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Dubs
msg tools
Regarding the 2nd round conflict resolution with France, you can still reinforce those armies, or another player can still send armies to that fight. There's nothing in the rules that says when you send armies to fight in France it can only be to the ones in their first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laurleen wrote:

3. 5 Turns or 4 Turns?

I am late to the party but the above is incorrect and should be clarified since it has confused many rules readers.

All 18 Law cards are to be used:
3 level 0 Laws
4 level 1 Laws
4 level 2 Laws
4 level 3 Laws
3 Level 4 Laws
--------------
18 Total = 3 for each of the 5 rounds plus the initial 3 placed during setup. ie 3+(3*5)=18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.